+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Maui Hawaii

New Member Maui Nobubbles is on a distinguished road Maui Nobubbles is on a distinguished road Maui Nobubbles's Avatar

Hello from Maui Hawaii

If anyone needs info on Maui diveshops that do RB and gas let me know - water sucks right now - earthquake and floods last few day.

Bob Sweeney bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi's Avatar
    KISS Spirit LTE

KISS Classic

Re: Hello from Maui Hawaii

Welcome to RebreatherWorld! This is a great one-stop shop for rebreather knowledge.
    I see you are in Kihei, my wife and I will be staying there in mid-Feb for 3 weeks of diving, this will be the first time I go there with my KISS rebreather (she's still OC). Looking forward to the trip, we can only afford to go once every other year, the off years are trips to the carribean.
    Maybe we could get together and get some dives in? What are you diving? I only knew of one rebreather diver from the area from 2 years ago, she worked at MDS, don't remember what she was diving....
    My understanding is that B&B Scuba is the only rebreather friendly shop down there, it this still true or iw there anyother shops yet?

Welcome again!

Bob :D

New Member Maui Nobubbles is on a distinguished road Maui Nobubbles is on a distinguished road Maui Nobubbles's Avatar

Bob,

I'm doing a dolphin with Oxy2 as most of the shore diving in and round Maui is 30-75 feet. B&B (ask for Charlie if he's working) is still doing a lot of RB and tech diving stuff but I get sorb and refills from Maui Dreams in Kihei - they have been doing SCR for a long while and just started CCR and have a new guy on staff teaching CCR.

Ask for Don -he's one of the owners and a very nice fellow - tell him I sent you in - he's one of the few shops that does not try to rip off tourist.

Maui Dreams Dive Co

As you get closer to your trip drop me an email and see if I'm in town.

Jeff

TITAN-ITE grandizer52 will become famous soon enough grandizer52 will become famous soon enough grandizer52 will become famous soon enough grandizer52's Avatar
    pearl city hawaii EARTH moving to Iscandar

hello from oahu...you dive with mark from dive oahu?

Casual Sport Kiss Pilot RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut's Avatar
    Sport Kiss

Welcome to Rebreatherworld.com
    A month ago I spent 3 weeks out in Hawaii, split up on the Big Island and Maui. Next time I come back to Maui I really would like to dive the back wall of the Molokini Crater, that looks cool!

Again, welcome on board!

Best,
    RBN

Reads fine print (mostly) Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather's Avatar
    MEGALODON MK15.5

BMR500 IDA71 IDA64 RGUFM AKA60

Another vote for Maui Dreams. Don is a great guy and his shop has a truly relaxed and friendly feel. All last winter he kept me supplied w/ O2 for my *highly* modified RGUFM that I carried whenever I could snag a Maui layover. They were just SCR at the time- good to hear they now have full CCR folks on staff.

At certain “other” big places, I felt like just so much product to be processed- no so at Maui Dreams!

Ken

Todd Winn DZLHED is on a distinguished road DZLHED is on a distinguished road DZLHED's Avatar
    MK15/ LAR V/ SF-2

Inspiration Vision/ Evolution

B&B (ask for Charlie if he's working) is still doing a lot of RB and tech diving stuff...

Charlie is great and a wonderful guy but he hasn't been diving more than twice in the last year. If you want tech at B&B, Brad is the only guy to talk to.

(MDDC) just started CCR and have a new guy on staff teaching CCR.

Who is the CCR instructor on staff and what rig is he teaching?

Ask for Don -he's one of the owners and a very nice fellow...

True enough, Don is great but Aaron out of Maui Dreams is the kid with the serious rebreather background. Talks the talk and dives as well...

New Member rb5150 is an unknown quantity at this point rb5150's Avatar

Welcome to the board.

Another vote for MDDC! I have done various OC (yes I know...awk:D) courses with them and everyone there is a great person just to chat with as well as to dive with.

Aaron - real quiet guy, but definitely knows his stuff.
    Don - not so quiet guy, but definitely a blast.

I was there the end of June this year and was considering doing some SCR training with them, but it didnt work out as such. But if there is going to be some CCR instruction available, I think I am going to be planning a trip soon:D

Definitely curious to what unit the training is being offered on.

Maui RB

Yep, correct on Charilie I just buy fills from him and like dealing with him...

Aaron is the new RB guy in Don's shop - don't know him but hear lots of good things - they are teaching the Inspiration CCR and should have a few more types in later as they grow the RB sector.

RBW Member frediver is an unknown quantity at this point frediver's Avatar

Kinda new here myself.
    Great to here from someone that does business with the same people we do.
    We will be on Maui in two weeks hope the water is better by then.
    Desktop weather shows lots of storms lately.
    <<>>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast