+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Adding a backplate and harness to an inspiration.

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

Adding a backplate and harness to an inspiration.

Please see Pierres excellent article.

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/artic...ticle&artid=50

Pierre - post in this thread so we can give you some green!!

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Very well done, Pierre, thanks for the thorough article (measurements and all).
    Some green for the effort, both the conversion (considering the tools you used) as well as the article.

Decodiver
    Good write up geezer.

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.

Custom Title Allowed! Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia's Avatar
    Dave most of the hard work is due to that photo you issued time ago with the cut out !!! Thanks to all! Sorry Stuart for all the head ache I caused you . Also as I am on the heavy side, and used an XL harness, the waist was ok but the height was always an issue! From when I changed over day one the difference was great!

Regards

Pierre

Quote Originally Posted by Decodiver
    Good write up geezer.

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.

Megalegalegalegadingdong! nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield is just really nice nmanfield's Avatar
    Again, I must agree, excellent article. Just wondered if Woz from www.kitfondle.co.uk has seen it. He can come up with some fancy customised plates (at a very reasonable price) that he might be able to make specifically for the Inspiration.

Not meaning to hijack the thread but I would be interested in getting a plate but spend most of my time travelling with the YBOD. SS is too heavy to travel with and I'm concerned about salt water and aluminium. I have heard about plastic backplates which would allow me to use a harness and have better attachment points but not incur a weight penalty.

Anyone any thoughts, reccomendations on this?

Regards, Nick

Jani Haaja jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja's Avatar
    JJ-CCR, Inspo Classic

HH Inspo

Pierre: Is that cut-out really necessary for the manifold block?

I just attached standard plate with hole cut higher, but I did not do any cut out at the manifolds place.

JH
    Finland

Administrator ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nmanfield

Not meaning to hijack the thread but I would be interested in getting a plate but spend most of my time travelling with the YBOD. SS is too heavy to travel with and I'm concerned about salt water and aluminium. I have heard about plastic backplates which would allow me to use a harness and have better attachment points but not incur a weight penalty.

Anyone any thoughts, reccomendations on this?

Regards, Nick
    Hi, Nick,

Try contacting Tobin George, who is a member on this Board. He has a Kydex backplate, re-inforced with stainless steel bits around the harness slots that is truly outstanding, and wonderfully light-weight! I have one for my Expedition BBOD, and am getting one for my Classic YBOD.

Try: www.deepseasupply.com

Tell Tobin you heard about him on this Board, and that I said "Howdy"!

Rob

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

'Plastic" Backplate

Quote Originally Posted by nmanfield
    SS is too heavy to travel with and I'm concerned about salt water and aluminium. I have heard about plastic backplates which would allow me to use a harness and have better attachment points but not incur a weight penalty.
    Nick,

Deep Sea Supply manufactures a Kydex backplate that is ss reinforced and lightweight. You can find pictures of it gallery. Rob Davie uses one on his oversized Inspiration.

I posted some of it and the Evo adapter, an Inspiration adapter is also available from what I understand.

Contact 'coolhardware52' here on the board for more info.

Administrator ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE's Avatar
    Stefan,

Muy buenas dias, mi amigo! We were typing at the same time!

Rob

PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Quote Originally Posted by ROB DAVIE
    Stefan,

Muy buenas dias, mi amigo! We were typing at the same time!

Rob
    Hola amigo. Your trigger finger is still quicker than mine. Must be the Tejas heritage. :D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast