+ Reply to Thread

Thread: painted cylinder protection

Steve Sprague 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster's Avatar
    rEvo

Dolphin

painted cylinder protection

My local scuba shops didn't have any good ideas - I bet this board does.

I dive a Dolphin and the Drager 4 liter cylinders are steel with a paint coating. The paint chips easily and needs something to protect it.

You can buy a number of tank coverings for standard sized scuba cylinders, but so far I have not found an off the shelf option for smaller pony bottles and the Drager cylinders.

The best I can come up with is to buy a plastic mesh covering meant to fit an aluminum 80 and then get busy with a knife and monofiliment line to sew it back together.

Anyone know of a better option?

RBW Member Woz has a spectacular aura about Woz has a spectacular aura about Woz has a spectacular aura about Woz has a spectacular aura about Woz has a spectacular aura about Woz has a spectacular aura about Woz's Avatar

Re: painted cylinder protection

Quote Originally Posted by 4ster  View Original Post
    My local scuba shops didn't have any good ideas - I bet this board does.

I dive a Dolphin and the Drager 4 liter cylinders are steel with a paint coating. The paint chips easily and needs something to protect it.

You can buy a number of tank coverings for standard sized scuba cylinders, but so far I have not found an off the shelf option for smaller pony bottles and the Drager cylinders.

The best I can come up with is to buy a plastic mesh covering meant to fit an aluminum 80 and then get busy with a knife and monofiliment line to sew it back together.

Anyone know of a better option?
    You can buy smaller dia mesh- it's used by pneumatic and hydraulic cylinder suppliers to protect them during delivery.

+ Reply to Thread