+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Intro

New Member GerryDives is an unknown quantity at this point GerryDives's Avatar

Intro

Hi everyone. Great forum. I'm at the point where I'm starting to really appreciate the benefits of diving rebreathers and I'm itching to get into one. Just reading your posts and everyone's preferences I was interested in either the KISS or MEG. I inquired at the local dive shop and they instructed on everything, but the MEG. I asked why and he mentioned a couple of things which I don't know enough to make a decision. He are some comments that were made. What do you think?

1. Take a look around. We see KISS's and Inspiration around, but no MEGs - Northeast, US. Why is that?
    2. The manufacturer might be spacing orders to create a backlog to give the impression that their is a high demand.

The shop is a very reputable shop and probably right on, but I don't know enough to push back. What do you think?

Thank you for helping me understand.

Casual Sport Kiss Pilot RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut's Avatar
    Sport Kiss

Re: Intro

Welcome on board here at Rebreatherworld.com!

Enjoy the site

RBN

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

Re: Intro

Quote Originally Posted by GerryDives  View Original Post
    Hi everyone. Great forum. I'm at the point where I'm starting to really appreciate the benefits of diving rebreathers and I'm itching to get into one. Just reading your posts and everyone's preferences I was interested in either the KISS or MEG. I inquired at the local dive shop and they instructed on everything, but the MEG. I asked why and he mentioned a couple of things which I don't know enough to make a decision. He are some comments that were made. What do you think?

1. Take a look around. We see KISS's and Inspiration around, but no MEGs - Northeast, US. Why is that?
    2. The manufacturer might be spacing orders to create a backlog to give the impression that their is a high demand.

The shop is a very reputable shop and probably right on, but I don't know enough to push back. What do you think?

Thank you for helping me understand.
    Ring Leon up direct see InnerSpace Systems Corp - I think that there is less of a waiting list for Megs than some others.

I am sure we have a bunch of members here who dive Megs in your neck of the woods - to be honest if they dont have a unit xyz instructor I gues syou could see why they might push you away from unit x y z and to a b or c which they do teach on ;)

Stuart

+ Reply to Thread