+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Need your feed back

Lightbulb Need your feed back

Hi I am Stephen Lyons one of the team here at Molecular Products Ltd (the makers of Sofnolime), I have joined the site to gain feedback from the industry about what you guys who dive the gear think you need from a 'scrubber manufacturer' I will try and answer as many questions a possible and will post every now and then to get feed back. I also may post from time to time to quash some of the more outrageous claims that are out there. If I can be of any help please drop me a note. I look forward to the banter!!

Steve C UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve's Avatar

Re: Need your feed back

Welcome from a mere "user"!! I am sure there will be much call on your time and expertise from the forum - but I also expect you will get an unrivaled insight into one of you client bases from the formum too,

Look forward to the discussions

Steve
    Last edited by UKSteve; 11th October 2006 at 15:00. Reason: Crap typing...

"Two Sheds" Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos's Avatar
    JJ Rebreather

Classic Kiss

Quote Originally Posted by Molecular Products Ltd  View Original Post
    Hi I am Stephen Lyons one of the team here at Molecular Products Ltd (the makers of Sofnolime), I have joined the site to gain feedback from the industry about what you guys who dive the gear think you need from a 'scrubber manufacturer' I will try and answer as many questions a possible and will post every now and then to get feed back. I also may post from time to time to quash some of the more outrageous claims that are out there. If I can be of any help please drop me a note. I look forward to the banter!!
    Hi Steve,

Thanks for coming on the boards. On the internet it can be hard to find the wheat in the chaff, and so it's nice to have a viewpoint from the manufacturer.

I have a question for you to be thinking about:

I dive a Classic KISS. I don't know how much you know about the KISS, but the scrubber is packed by pouring the Sofnolime into scrubber can. I then whack the side of the can while pressing down on the top "spider" to settle the lime out and to prevent channelling.

My question is: Is it possible to compress the lime too much in this way?

Janos

Blogs Admin / Forum Mod sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Molecular Products Ltd  View Original Post
    Stephen,

Welcome aboard RBW! I am sure you will get good insights from participating here. And of course, we are all looking forward to get some information "from the horses mouth"

Thinking of it, I do have some questions for you already:

Q1: What is the recommendation regarding packing the scrubber (tight vs. loose)? What about coarse grain vs. fine?
    Q2: Is there a formula to estimate the scrubber life for a specific quantity of sofnolime? And what are the assumptions around this formula (temperature, gas flows, diameter of scrubber container, CO2 content, He content, ambient pressure, humidity, ...)?
    Q3: Any chance you guys can bring a more efficient (but still affordable) scrubber material onto the market - smaller scrubber for same scrubber life, or, longer scrubber life at the same volume?
    Q4: Any chance you guys will be bringing something like the ExtendAir cartridges onto the market?

Cheerio!

RBW Member CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT's Avatar

I believe I know the answer will be standard plastic container sizing but otherwise any chance the 4.5 kilo container could be increased to just over two Inspiration Vision fills of sof?

Charlie

RBW Member The Purist has a spectacular aura about The Purist has a spectacular aura about The Purist has a spectacular aura about The Purist has a spectacular aura about The Purist has a spectacular aura about The Purist has a spectacular aura about The Purist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieT  View Original Post
    I believe I know the answer will be standard plastic container sizing but otherwise any chance the 4.5 kilo container could be increased to just over two Inspiration Vision fills of sof?

Charlie
    or KISS/Meg fills - not sure about the Boris but IIRC the Meg is one of the larger scrubber capacities, so selling a container of 2 x that should keep everyone happy.

Another option would be some more reliable indication of scrubber usage - the current colour change products aren't held in great esteem round here.

The holy grail would of course be an easily packed, high CO2 capacity, low cost material... go on, you know you want to ;)

Casual Sport Kiss Pilot RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut's Avatar
    Sport Kiss

Stephen,
    Welcome to Rebreahterworld.com
    We sure are glad that you registerd here on RBW, and I am sure there are plenty of us who are willing to give you feedback.
    And I am sure members will have plenty of questions for you.

Again, welcome on board!

RBN

Pom in Aus louisrankin will become famous soon enough louisrankin will become famous soon enough louisrankin will become famous soon enough louisrankin's Avatar
    Meg & GAF

Kiss Classic & Sports Kiss

Hi Stephen,

Welcome to Rebreather World can you tell me the difference between medical grade sofnolime and rebreather grade? Is there more stringent testing done on the Rebreather grade or Medical grade? I know some people use the medical grade that changes colour in there Rebreather. I am just curious as to what the difference is between the two products and also how accurate is the colour change indication?

I look forward to your answer.

Louis

"Two Sheds" Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos's Avatar
    JJ Rebreather

Classic Kiss

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist  View Original Post
    The holy grail would of course be an easily packed, high CO2 capacity, low cost material... go on, you know you want to ;)
    That is non-toxic, works when flooded, and tastes of chocolate. ;)

Janos

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Janos  View Original Post
    That is non-toxic, works when flooded, and tastes of chocolate. ;)

Janos
    and is reuseable after 5 mins in the microwave / sun / oven :)

Welcome,

I think that if you can clear up some of the myths surrounding scruber material that would be good

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast