+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dolphin Injector cleaning

Portuguese Diver jmacarenhas is an unknown quantity at this point jmacarenhas's Avatar

Dolphin Injector cleaning

Hi, does any one know how to clean the injector of the dolphin? In Portugal there is no one to do this maintenance, and I've got the 50% with problems.
    Regards

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Quote Originally Posted by jmacarenhas
    Hi, does any one know how to clean the injector of the dolphin? In Portugal there is no one to do this maintenance, and I've got the 50% with problems.
    Regards
    You don't clean them you replace them... Unless you are positive its just a salt deposit from some water entry than can be dissolved, assume its other problems..

You also have to look at WHY you have a problem so it doen't happen in the future..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

Darlene Starr - DIY Diva Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jradomski
    You don't clean them you replace them... Unless you are positive its just a salt deposit from some water entry than can be dissolved, assume its other problems..

You also have to look at WHY you have a problem so it doen't happen in the future..
    I know they use a laser drilled ruby for the orifice, would a few minutes in an ultrasonic cleaner do them any harm, ... If there's reason to suspect it's just some salt deposits?

Portuguese Diver jmacarenhas is an unknown quantity at this point jmacarenhas's Avatar
    It is salt deposit. he worked fine for near 25 dives and then decresed the flow.
    I've contact Drager because the 50% and the 60% injector always had a flow smaler than the standard. They say its normal.

New Member silent bubbles 2 is an unknown quantity at this point silent bubbles 2's Avatar
    Just on the flow rates , can any point me in a direction to get the pdf on them

New Member Freak214 is an unknown quantity at this point Freak214's Avatar
    Meg

Dolphin

Remove the ruby using a flat head screw driver and soak it in a little vinegar, or just toss the entire injector into the ultrasonic cleaner. I have used both methods and have not had any issues.

JohnL

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Quote Originally Posted by silent bubbles 2
    Just on the flow rates , can any point me in a direction to get the pdf on them
    They are in the manual, which is available online. Google it, if you can't find it send me a PM with your e-mail and I'll send you a copy.

CCR Instructor devilgas is an unknown quantity at this point devilgas's Avatar
    I can scan the 2 pages from the Dolphin Repair manual for you if you still need it. It is step by step disassembly,cleaning and reassembly of the orfice. PM me with you email address.

Regards,

WEB MERMEN wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang's Avatar
    Inspo-Meg-PosMkVI-CCRDolphin

Prism,rEVO,Mk15.5,KISS,Hmblds

Becareful with the ultrasonic cleaner for prolonged periods. I had a jet that was well out of spec and we tried cleaning it with fresh water soaking and then Vinegar and then short bouts of the unltrasonic bath with simple green and it got better but still too far out of spec. (low flow)
    We said well what the heck, "it is now good as is, and we will probably have to buy another any way, so lets give it over night".
    Well it was still out of spec in the morning, just the other way. (too much flow)

It wasn't a total loss because that was the jet, once I removed the ruby, that I use to add diluent through manually. Silver lining I guess.

Hope that helps.

+ Reply to Thread