+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: how to change sorb.... in 38 seconds!

Shearwater Copis Diver Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy's Avatar
    Copis Meg and rEvo III

Evolution

Re: how to change sorb.... in 38 seconds!

Quote Originally Posted by paulraymaekers  View Original Post
    the same reason as why the system is used on the rEvo: to dump exhausted sorb, and not to dump the unused part: an extra safety because you know that every 2 hours you get 1.4 kg fresh sorb

regards
    paul
    not that i don't respect your opinion, but i was hoping to hear it from someone who does not have a vested interest in the said product...like an anesthesiologist or other doctor or someone who has read up on this...who is also a rebreather diver, i'm very curious what is the official reason from a medical equipment protocal stand point.

Gill Envy

Nutty dentist - uwdriller divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov's Avatar
    homebuilder

rEvo powered inspo

Quote Originally Posted by Gill Envy  View Original Post
    Does anyone know what the reasoning behind the dual scrubber design of anesthesia machines, and if that reasoning could be applied to diving rebreathers... I know they put them in line and replace the exhausted one with the back up and put fresh in place of the back up.

I find it really quite remarkable, that even with two scrubber canisters, that the rEVO is so thin. It seems that this machine is made to be very compact in favor of doubling up on the scrubber...interesting choice of priorities.

Even with all the banter, this thread was successful in peaking my interest in the rEVO.
    Hi gill
    the reason we do that is because the anaesthesist are really tight bastards and are using the sorb well be it has gone thru its color change (nevertheless you are charged an arm and a leg - sorry just profeesional jelousy because my bills are always so much cheaper than teh anaesthisia).

The second scrubber just makes sure that there is only a minmal CO2 breakthroug. And don't forget in the theatre we run the scrubbers at 1 atm, room temp and no work load - something you obviously can't do when diving.

So with the rEvo I can only see a point in having the second scrubber as an added safety option if you accidentally excaust your prim. scrubber, however I wouldn't go so far and purposly excaust the scrubber due you never really now how much you loaded the secondary scrubber. I think it is wise not to go over 65% of combined scrubber capacity and than discharge bothy scrubbers. So you see I am not sold on this design either and prefer to dive my inspo scrubber with in limitations and than discharge teh whole thing.

But this is only my .02

Rb Aficionado SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS's Avatar

Sounds like the rEVO will be the new wave of production MCCRs to hit the market in europe soon beside the KISS that have been around for some years.;)

Unique scrubber layout / design / low profile, and moderate pricing.......Time will tell the unit is going to be a successful design or not.:)

Anyway nice work Paul!

All the Best

Wei lan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11