+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: how to change sorb.... in 38 seconds!

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

how to change sorb.... in 38 seconds!

ok guys, the competition has started: let's see who can do it faster

regards

paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

diamond al diamond al is an unknown quantity at this point diamond al's Avatar

Re: how to change sorb.... in 38 seconds!

Is this a wise competition???:)

Cos my girlfriend says it's not a race,oh hang on wrong topic!

Cheers Al

SiegeEngine II Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon's Avatar

Nice!

I do all my own stunts shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back's Avatar

that was fast , did the diver enter the water and dive right away?

Temp Read Only Mode ccr_ada is just really nice ccr_ada is just really nice ccr_ada is just really nice ccr_ada is just really nice ccr_ada is just really nice ccr_ada is just really nice ccr_ada is just really nice ccr_ada is just really nice ccr_ada is just really nice ccr_ada is just really nice ccr_ada's Avatar

Red face Re: how to change sorb.... in 38 seconds!

Well looks nice!!

Had a quick look about but cant find the answers i'm looking for {Sorry if Ive missed the posts explaining }

BUT why change the bottom scrubber pack and put it in the top and a new one in the bottom ??

How long do they last ? Is that each or together ? IE:- With the two its twice as long ?

How do you fill them ? Or do you buy cartridges ? Cost per fill ?

What is the scrubber material ?

Well could go on but that's it for now it is lateish :o

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by ccr_ada  View Original Post
    Well looks nice!!

Had a quick look about but cant find the answers i'm looking for {Sorry if Ive missed the posts explaining }

BUT why change the bottom scrubber pack and put it in the top and a new one in the bottom ??

How long do they last ? Is that each or together ? IE:- With the two its twice as long ?

eeuuh, too many questions on a sunday morning..
    the rEvo manual explains it all, but it does not exist yet in english, only dutch
    translation is on it's way... but some more weeks to go!

priciple: you change/trow away the exhale scrubber (+/- completely used) ., put the inhalescrubber in front (exhale side), and put fresh sorb at the end (inhale side)

paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...

Stéphane Acounis Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane's Avatar
    rEvo3 rMS

rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

Quote Originally Posted by ccr_ada  View Original Post
    Well looks nice!!

Hello,
    I will try to answer your questions, even if it's sunday morning, I'm less lazy than Pau!

The scrubber is divided in two: the upper half in the exhale counterlung, the lower half in the inhale couterlung. The cover that Paul take out makes the junction beetween the two counterlungs.
    The exhale (upper) pack will get saturated by CO2 while the inhale (lower) will only filter the CO2 that wouldn't be have trapped. In normal operation, very very low saturation.

So the operation is to throw away the saturated sorb, put in place the one that is good and place a new cartridge in the inhale counterlung.

Each cartridge can hold up to 1.5kg of sorb. We currently use Spherasorb and use it with the ratio 1 hour per kilogram so a cartridge can last 3 hours. For normal dives, you have to change the sorb each 3 hours, for very long dives you can use the two cartridges.
    But if you have 30mn left on the upper cartridge and have a 1h30 dive, you don't have to throw away the sorb, just use it and write down the minutes left when you will exchange the cartridges (i.e. you will have a cartridge that will last 2 hours instead of 3 hours).

Like any other scrubber I guess. Just pout some sorb in it and tap! 5kg of Spherasorb costs approx. 22€ to 25€ so a refill will cost around 7€ (14€ for the two cartridges).

I will let Paul answer this one as I don't know the english word!

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask, the rEvo is a very lovely machine.

rEvo's daddy
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Tino Corp.  View Original Post
    Each cartridge can hold up to 1.5kg of sorb. We currently use Spherasorb and use it with the ratio 1 hour per kilogram so a cartridge can last 3 hours.
    thanks Tino, just a quick remark

each cassette contains 1.4kg sorb: I advice to do one cycle (trowing away 1.4kg) after 2 hous: I know you could get more time out of it, but i prefer safety.

If you plant to do a 3 hours dive, change both cannisters

to make longer dives, we prepare an upgrade for the rEvo: 5.8kg (10pound) scrubber system: 2 cassettes each 2.9kg: it is a 'add-up' system that can be mounted on a standart rEvo if you want to do extreme dives, for normal diving you take it off again

regards
    paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com

Temp Read Only Mode ccr_ada is just really nice ccr_ada is just really nice ccr_ada is just really nice ccr_ada is just really nice ccr_ada is just really nice ccr_ada is just really nice ccr_ada is just really nice ccr_ada is just really nice ccr_ada is just really nice ccr_ada is just really nice ccr_ada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulraymaekers  View Original Post
    thanks Tino, just a quick remark

each cassette contains 1.4kg sorb: I advice to do one cycle (trowing away 1.4kg) after 2 hours: I know you could get more time out of it, but i prefer safety.

If you plant to do a 3 hours dive, change both cannisters

to make longer dives, we prepare an upgrade for the rEvo: 5.8kg (10pound) scrubber system: 2 cassettes each 2.9kg: it is a 'add-up' system that can be mounted on a standart rEvo if you want to do extreme dives, for normal diving you take it off again

regards
    paul
    Hi boys, it's looking very nice that you can upgrade to a bigger scrubber system.

This is starting to look plug n play so any chance of talking me well us all through the bits and pieces?

1:- Loop IE:- Material ? How it attaches to lungs?

2:-Lungs IE :- Size, position, water trap/traps? And how this works with the scrubber as it has 2 separate scrubbers {I'm not getting the scrubber on the o2 side and how its not used ? That's like saying when you change the inspo lime just do the top 1/2 ? Keep the bottom and just top it up
    manual inflate on o2 is there one and where ? I take it {May be wrong usually I am }It has an OC/DSV where is it located ?

3:- What is the box that its all contained in made from {In the pics it looks like an old suit case} :o

4:- What is the weight of the unit when fully loaded {Think i can work out what it is with plug in extender scrubber bit ;) or is it a big difference ?} How is the scrubber actually being tested, is it just on test pilot dives? Or do you have access to proper rebreather test facilities?

5:- What is the weight for traveling !!! When empty? No cylinders or lime?

6:-How many of the scrubber containers will come with the unit ? And how much for extra containers ?

I'm going to town here but all valid I think

7:- CELLS ? Where are they ? How many ?

8:- Controller ?I've seen the controller working on you-tube ;) looks ok not sure about the knocking thing though how's it work with cells and HUD is it separate or together {independent from each other?}Batteries? Size? Life? Where do they go ?

There are still many questions left to ask SORRY but you are showing it off so there are probably lots of cyber armchair divers today just like me that would like to know all about it. A scrubber that you can change in 38s is fab but will the rest of the unit be as good. {Lets hope so. If it's all as good we are rocking }

Thanks

ccr_ada

Well some of the questions i asked have been answered by the link to the photos. But not all of them

So could you start the finger tapping plz

Thanks

ccr_ada

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast