+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mask lens inserts

RBW Member Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck's Avatar
    Dolphin

Re: Mask lens inserts

What about sport glasses- like racketball glasses inside your mask?

Also with FFM (respirators) masks you can buy a nose bridge that holds perscription glasses. You just don't want funky looking nose bridge with glasses on it do you. ;)
    example from w.w. Grainger-
    Grainger Industrial Supply

Quote Originally Posted by RonMicjan  View Original Post
    not much help for my full face mask with its plastic faceplate though

Wanna Dive Gonna Dive Alby scubakitmarket will become famous soon enough Alby scubakitmarket will become famous soon enough Alby scubakitmarket will become famous soon enough Alby scubakitmarket will become famous soon enough Alby scubakitmarket's Avatar
    Dive Can JJ

APD Classic, Vision Anolog JJ

you need a uv reacting glue

when i do inserts i use loctite 350 uv curing adhesive not had a problem with it

carefully take out lens mask apply glue attach lens in position you will need to see correctly squeeze out all the air bubbles cure under uv lamp or in daylight when cured us a scalpel or craft knife and carefully trim off excess waste glue around the edges refit lenses into mask

rgds

alby

New Member Alan Crichton is an unknown quantity at this point Alan Crichton's Avatar

Wow - great response - thanks to all the divers who offer solutions it is really appreciated. I have contacted 2 of the suppliers mentioned and will look up the Loctite 350 uv cured adhesive - after all my searches that sounds like the most likely ( apart from the custom ground lenses ). Once again thanks.

RBW Member jukkao is on a distinguished road jukkao is on a distinguished road jukkao's Avatar

I used Casco Glaslim from the nearest hardware store.

It is UV curing and ment for glass. I glued glass to glass. No experience what happens with some plastic.

I have used this mask for two years now.

Jukka

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2