+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Thread: C02 Detector vs Temp Stick. 1st test results in

Banned - Threat of Litigation AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9's Avatar

Re: C02 Detector vs Temp Stick. 1st test results in

Quote Originally Posted by jknights
    Alex,
    If you do this and lose the case then I think that you find that you end up paying significant damages as well as any legal costs.

I know where you are coming from and agree that there are companies that do that but if you face up to those bully boy tactics and get a final results the winnings are great.
    Answer is to know that right is on your side and have moved all assets out of line of fire that way if you lose the case you lose nothing except the time in court.

Always two flows in a street even if it is a one way street
    My experience of courts is limited to a divorce, but it was clear at least in Scotland the courts are about the most dishonest place on earth (honest is not covering up the truth, dishonesty is how much can be covered up). My Ex got 60 times my gross earnings, for her life, despite the kids live with me full time and I was not at fault.

So let us not delude ourselves with justice: the courts here service whoever has deep pockets.

What it does mean though, if someone wants to waste a lot sueing me for saying the truth, then they will find my ex has already beaten them to it! This means I am untouchable! Nice being untouchable, so long as one is not a resident of India. You can say the truth and damn the consequences, so long as it is the truth.

Cheers
    Alex

New Member amaiel is an unknown quantity at this point amaiel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iain-hsm
    Ok sorry about that. For clarity this was an actual dive, the C02 was produced by the diver during an open water dive and logged by a C02 detector in the breathing loop (inhale side hose) The C02 data in turn was used by the wrist controller to automatically flush the bag.

The data is still raw so I really didnít want to make any conclusions however:

What the print out shows is the first 70 minute period of a dive showing C02 against temperature. The points of interest are:

1. The log recorded a massive rise in C02 of 1 kPa in the bag during the first heavy work period 20 minutes into the dive

2. Four further heavy spikes were recorded at 40, 50, 55 and 60 minutes with a peak of 1.2 Kpa into the dive again during a heavy work period.

3. The main point to be made is that the bag spiked with the work load ( a known fact)

4. In the event that no C02 detector (and no solenoid diluent flush controller) had been fitted then no flushing would have been performed during this dive and we would have been looking at a possible different outcome.

First of all I would thank you for having provided the information. It's the most interesting thing I have ever read on the net.

I would like to understand better some points:
    - where was exactly located the co2 sensor?
    - what do you mean for "heavy work "? Kind of work, duration,...
    - did you also record the CO2 level w/o the flushes?

Thanks in advance for your reply

Antonio Magli

RBW Member iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amaiel
    Antonio Magli
    Antonio thanks for your interest in the project. To update and answer your questions.
    1. The detector is in two parts, a sensor detector head and head electronic board. I enclosed jpegs of the board and the various prototype housings used to date. The first housing (green) had additional verification ports used to verify the diver unit and has now been tested against a laboratory standard instrument that is NPL traceable in order to verify the C02 range that the diver tests recorded were correct and within the accuracy claimed. This unit also enabled a hard wire surface support unit to additionally monitor the diver and down load the results to laptop in real time.
    The second version (gray plastic) was used in the stand alone diver testing. It is a smaller housing due to removal of the porting and fitted to a tee in the inlet side of the divers breathing hose. The third version (black Metal) was to further reduce the footprint. There are two more additional boards to the detector but not for C02 detection.

2. Heavy work. Interesting to evaluate and record in real life however this we concluded to be a record of the divers heart rate against time over work. In further dives next year we will also record the oxygen consumption as a further means to verify C02 production being proportional to oxygen consumed. In the water tests the diver swims against an elastic cord (bungee cord) attached to a torsion bar. Non paid volunteers for 2006 are welcome. The heart rate (at rest) over four dives was taken after arriving at depth and resting. Exercise was for five minutes (heavy work) then a further rest period.
    3. High and increasing C02 levels over 0.5% were not taken without flushing in the diver trials. The type of test you asked about would be better concluded using a breathing simulator and pressure chamber to test the diving equipment and scrubber performance. Our primary interest was to test the detector and its accuracy in the diving environment not the rebreathers.

From the diver tests last summer we have been working on the interface basically making the unit smaller and in certification and classification. The diver unit has now been tested against a laboratory standard and is NPL traceable C02 range in order to verify that the diver tests recorded are actual and within the accuracy we claim.
    A couple of interesting points in rebreather canister designs required testing against the no C02 claims vs the Low C02 claims so further testing was done in order to test the detectors ability to track low C02 levels in this type of rebreather canister design.
    At present only work bench testing using calibrated certified 1% C02 in Nitrogen shows the unit accuracy tracking over a range of pressures (depths). The detectors maximum error during rapid crash dive compressions was within 0.1 kPa. After Christmas I will upload the 100MSW (330FSW) data and graphs using a low 1020ppm C02 in Nitrogen trace calibration gas with
    new boards that have errors less than 0.05 kPa.
    Kind Regards
    Iain@hsm-engineering.demon.co.uk
    Attached Images

RBW Member iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amaiel
    Thanks in advance for your reply
    Antonio Magli
    Antonio
    Another Jpeg showing the unit with PP02 and PPC02 display on a non commercial LAR V inc in this jpeg a simple HUD. Sensor again in the inlet side of the breathing hose.
    This is last years prototype Military version with a SRD (self rescue device) Basically if diver isnt breathing or at low pressure or too high C02 then the unit will inflate the divers life jacket. ( interlocks are included to prevent accidental activation) On the surface (inc depth sensor) An EPIRB is activated and a stobe light. The sports version would include MP3!! lol
    Regards iain@hsm-engineering.demon.co.uk
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23