+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pockets and the sicksquid

RBW Member pockets is an unknown quantity at this point pockets's Avatar
    Hammerhead Inspo

Dolphin, Ray, DC55, azimuth

Pockets and the sicksquid

Hi all,

Pockets signing in for the first time.
    After several years on the drawing board, I am finaly ready to start building the Sicksquid, so callled because firstly, all rebreathers should have a stupid name and secondly, that was all I had in my wallet when I started the design.
    the concept is sort of DC55 with a twist and requires RB80 type bellows plus a CNC guru.
    so the quest is on for a company who can do machining of complex forms in Ally. and delrin from Autocad drawings/models without breaking the bank.
    Anyone know of such a godsend?

cheers
    Pockets

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Re: Pockets and the sicksquid

Quote Originally Posted by pockets  View Original Post
    ...the concept is sort of DC55 with a twist and requires RB80 type bellows...
    Isn't that already called the RB-80 ? ;)

PFO free :) pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning's Avatar

Hi all,

Pockets signing in for the first time.
    After several years on the drawing board, I am finaly ready to start building the Sicksquid, so callled because firstly, all rebreathers should have a stupid name and secondly, that was all I had in my wallet when I started the design.
    the concept is sort of DC55 with a twist and requires RB80 type bellows plus a CNC guru.
    so the quest is on for a company who can do machining of complex forms in Ally. and delrin from Autocad drawings/models without breaking the bank.
    Anyone know of such a godsend?

cheers
    Pockets

Hello pockets (have we met - I have seen some straggly pocket characters down Firestone - could one of them be you?),

Anyway, if you rename it Sicksgrand, I reckon you'll do alright. ;)

Failing that, photographs of people in compromising positions is usually a winner.

Cheers
    Paul

Hammerhead Inspo

Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie  View Original Post
    Isn't that already called the RB-80 ? ;)
    Hi Is that you Phi? if so, we just missed each other in the UAE a couple of years ago, before my contract got blown away and I returned to the UK.

you could say RB-80.UDO-4, but really it only has the bellows in common with these concepts and borrows more from the old french units which I was looking after while I was out in the UAE.
    Like I said, I have a few twists that make this design quite seperate from its cousins, iether military or civilian, assuming I did the maths right and the bits fit together.

cheers Pockets

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Hi Is that you Phi? if so, we just missed each other in the UAE a couple of years ago, before my contract got blown away and I returned to the UK.
    Yes, I only have been here 3.5 years so if you left before that...

Like I said, I have a few twists that make this design quite seperate from its cousins, iether military or civilian, assuming I did the maths right and the bits fit together.
    Sounds interesting, look forward to seeing it when you finish...

Hammerhead Inspo

Quote Originally Posted by pchanning  View Original Post
    Hello pockets (have we met - I have seen some straggly pocket characters down Firestone - could one of them be you?),

Anyway, if you rename it Sicksgrand, I reckon you'll do alright. ;)

Failing that, photographs of people in compromising positions is usually a winner.

Cheers
    Paul
    Hi Paul,
    Yes it is the very same. I would be there now if I wasn't stuck here filling in my tax return and desperately finding anything else to do instead.
    Havn't seen you in a while Have you married that babe yet?

cheers pockets

+ Reply to Thread