+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Niggles and Aspirin

New Member Percy is an unknown quantity at this point Percy's Avatar

Re: Niggles and Aspirin

Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply....I thought I might open a few flood gates.
    For your info I did a dive this weekend to test a theory about the VR3 passing the deeper stops to quickly...I am also familiar with Mr Pyle's theory's and tried to introduce them.
    The bottom line is that I did a 63m dive (190+) for 20 mins which required at least 40 mins of stops. The first was at 39m for 2 mins the second at 29 for 2 mins and then off to 18,12, 9 ,6.
    Basically I decided to introduce more deep stops of a short duration, basically every 5m.
    I decided to do 2 @ 40, 1 @35, 2 @30, 1@25, 1 @ 20 ,1 @ 15 and then the majority of my shallow stop at 10m.
    So I did all that the VR3 asked but put extra minutes in at 5m intervals.
    My total run time was only 4 mins later than my mate who stayed with the VR3.
    The machine clearly thought I was on a wall or reef dive and was happy to calculate accordingly and the result was no niggles or pain at all.
    At this stage I do not know if it is the extra deep stops or the fact that I did most of my deco at 10m instead of 6 all I know is that it appears to have worked....which is good news.
    For those of you who have experienced similar probs it may be worth considering....without this solution, assuming it continues to work, I would have had to give up the deep diving...argghhhh.

Thanks

PRISM DIVER & LUVIN IT! dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Niggles and Aspirin

Quote Originally Posted by Percy  View Original Post
    Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply....I thought I might open a few flood gates.
    For your info I did a dive this weekend to test a theory about the VR3 passing the deeper stops to quickly...I am also familiar with Mr Pyle's theory's and tried to introduce them.
    The bottom line is that I did a 63m dive (190+) for 20 mins which required at least 40 mins of stops. The first was at 39m for 2 mins the second at 29 for 2 mins and then off to 18,12, 9 ,6.
    Basically I decided to introduce more deep stops of a short duration, basically every 5m.
    I decided to do 2 @ 40, 1 @35, 2 @30, 1@25, 1 @ 20 ,1 @ 15 and then the majority of my shallow stop at 10m.
    So I did all that the VR3 asked but put extra minutes in at 5m intervals.
    My total run time was only 4 mins later than my mate who stayed with the VR3.
    The machine clearly thought I was on a wall or reef dive and was happy to calculate accordingly and the result was no niggles or pain at all.
    At this stage I do not know if it is the extra deep stops or the fact that I did most of my deco at 10m instead of 6 all I know is that it appears to have worked....which is good news.
    For those of you who have experienced similar probs it may be worth considering....without this solution, assuming it continues to work, I would have had to give up the deep diving...argghhhh.

Thanks
    I am glad everything worked out for you;)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3