+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Coughing during dive

Nutty dentist - uwdriller divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov's Avatar
    homebuilder

rEvo powered inspo

Re: Coughing during dive

Quote Originally Posted by fin  View Original Post
    I would be suspicious of virus and bacteria instead of dust for poor disinfection problems. I welcome more comments on this one, by docs or so.

I think desinfecting is overrated,
    if you flush the cl's nicely to remove as much spit as possible and than get them dry them well you should be fine.
    Remember not many bugs can survive in dry conditions, just have the cl's hanging in a dry dust free room and leave the man infators off.

However you will have to check if some critters have been crawling into your cl (depending on where you are living - there are some nasty beasts out there)

cheers
    christian

Jani Haaja jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja's Avatar
    JJ-CCR, Inspo Classic

HH Inspo

Quote Originally Posted by babar  View Original Post
    Weren't you doing some dives at 1.6 or 1.8? and pretty long dives? a dry cough can be the first sign of pulmonary oxygen toxicity
    No, I was using "only" 1,3 and would have used 1,6 at deco. But on the ox tox dive I skipped the 9m and 6m stop and also skipped breathing :)

Those diaphgram contractions seem to be one indication of CNS O2 issues, at least for me and they feel quite the same as normal coughing.

JH

Custom Title Allowed! Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia's Avatar

Hello all,

I think I have problem solved! I started to use Trigene again as opposed to rinsing with only water and no coughing :D

RBW Member jknights is on a distinguished road jknights is on a distinguished road jknights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Farrugia  View Original Post
    Hello all,

I think I have problem solved! I started to use Trigene again as opposed to rinsing with only water and no coughing :D
    Pierre,
    Good news.
    I know the Trigene doesnt taste too good but tracheal infections from bacteria or virus infections are not good for divers at all.
    As a microbiologist I would recomment that the CLs are disinfected on alternate days if you are diving regularly or after every day of diving if you are diving weekly/monthly as any water in the CL is a great place for the bugs to grow especially if there is some spit there it also has enough 'food' for them to grow faster.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2