+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Inspiration Trydive

New Member Epic is an unknown quantity at this point Epic's Avatar

Inspiration Trydive

I'm finally booked on an Inspiration try-dive next week.

I don't know if it's a good or bad thing as if it goes well and I'm lovin it I'm going to be wanting to get on the course straight away - which financially isn't good at the moment!

However, if goes tits up and I can't wait to get the bloody thing off my back, SWMBO will be happy that I am no longer going on about the bloody thing.

Any pointers anyone can give me on what to expect?

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic
    I'm finally booked on an Inspiration try-dive next week.

I don't know if it's a good or bad thing as if it goes well and I'm lovin it I'm going to be wanting to get on the course straight away - which financially isn't good at the moment!

However, if goes tits up and I can't wait to get the bloody thing off my back, SWMBO will be happy that I am no longer going on about the bloody thing.

Any pointers anyone can give me on what to expect?
    you'll love it he he he

even if you don't straight away you'll come to love it.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

RBW Member Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan's Avatar
    It's a good thing, cos you'll love it and want one, and a bad thing, as you'll want one NOW and will have to sell a kidney to feed your new obsession!! That's what happened to me (well, I didn't have to sell a kidney!)

Quote Originally Posted by Padowan
    It's a good thing, cos you'll love it and want one, and a bad thing, as you'll want one NOW and will have to sell a kidney to feed your new obsession!! That's what happened to me (well, I didn't have to sell a kidney!)
    Yep, that's what I'm worried about :D

Also not sure it's a good idea as I do not honestly think I'm ready for one skill-wise.
    I mean, I have all the pre-req's, but I'm of the view that I could do with alot more dives before I go down the RB route.

Still, will be good fun and diving on OC with a RB diver is awesome - like doing a solo but not being solo if you know what I mean. - SILENCE!!!!!!

Anyhow, I'm booked on so I'll see what happens.

Watch the bouyancy go out the window!

The 4th King Skeletor will become famous soon enough Skeletor will become famous soon enough Skeletor will become famous soon enough Skeletor will become famous soon enough Skeletor's Avatar

I mean, I have all the pre-req's, but I'm of the view that I could do with a lot more dives before I go down the RB route.
    What makes you say that ?

I was probably in a similar situation - far less o/c experience than most new RB divers. But rather than spend another couple of years doing o/c, going onto trimix, and then having to start the whole damn thing again after swapping to RB, I figured I may as well just make the change now and progress on RB.

Personally, I can't ever see myself diving o/c again, unless I'm on holiday and for some reason can't take my unit . . . . or hire one . . . . . or borrow one . . . . . or steal one . . . . or build one from used cigar cartons . . .

You get the picture :)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor

I was probably in a similar situation - far less o/c experience than most new RB divers. But rather than spend another couple of years doing o/c, going onto trimix, and then having to start the whole damn thing again after swapping to RB, I figured I may as well just make the change now and progress on RB.

Personally, I can't ever see myself diving o/c again, unless I'm on holiday and for some reason can't take my unit . . . . or hire one . . . . . or borrow one . . . . . or steal one . . . . or build one from used cigar cartons . . .

Yeah, you are most likely right.

Roll on next week...............................

The 4th King Skeletor will become famous soon enough Skeletor will become famous soon enough Skeletor will become famous soon enough Skeletor will become famous soon enough Skeletor's Avatar

It's a good thing, cos you'll love it and want one, and a bad thing, as you'll want one NOW and will have to sell a kidney to feed your new obsession!!
    I never considered my own kidney. I got enough greif for trying to sell the wife:D

SiegeEngine II Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon's Avatar

What Skeletor said. It's a different route, not just an extension. I think the OC stuff I did will have helped, but I'm glad I didn't waste too much time before getting the Box...

New Member Mary has a spectacular aura about Mary has a spectacular aura about Mary has a spectacular aura about Mary has a spectacular aura about Mary has a spectacular aura about Mary has a spectacular aura about Mary's Avatar

What sort of skill set do people feel should be a definate, appart from compleating the pre-requisite courses ie adv nitrox +/- deco procs?

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary
    What sort of skill set do people feel should be a definate, appart from compleating the pre-requisite courses ie adv nitrox +/- deco procs?
    none,

OK maybe a bit more than that
    er good bouyancy control - ie be happy with your buoyancy going tits up and reacting

paying attention

er pretty much be willing to start from scratch and accept that you'll be all over the shop to start with :p

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast