+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RB-80 style counterlung bellows

BioPak60 Deathbox! rchrds will become famous soon enough rchrds will become famous soon enough rchrds will become famous soon enough rchrds's Avatar
    BP-60, Revo Mod1

RB-80 style counterlung bellows

Ok- this post may be just going nowhere- but does anyone know of a source for the rb-80 counterlung bellows?

J

(is anybody out there?)

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

elo

hi

I dont but wanted to say welcome! sorry for the lack of audiance I have not officially launched sit eyet as wanted to finish content off but hi *waves*

Just add ice & water plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma's Avatar
    O2 Apocalypse

DIY, Inspiration Classic

Quote Originally Posted by rchrds
    Ok- this post may be just going nowhere- but does anyone know of a source for the rb-80 counterlung bellows?

J
    http://www.hema-gmbh.com/

I haven't seen these bellows but they do have a wide range models, sizes and materials.

RBW Writer londonsean69 is an unknown quantity at this point londonsean69's Avatar
    Try Michael and Arno at www.stde.ch , they make the EDO-04 which is an RB80 clone (mine arrived today). They might be able to sort you out with what you need. Failing that, check out mcmaster carr

not RBW staff. EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by rchrds

J

(is anybody out there?)
    Mcmaster Carr

Monty Guest montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg's Avatar
    APOCALYPSE #032

Ray, Dolphin, PVR-BASC, IDA-71

I have asked this question on the NWDesigns list some time ago and I was told that the McMaster-Carr bellowses are not rigid enough - they collapse / go out-of-round and this, in turn causes friction. Rumour has it that the Halcyon's bellows is teflon coated, rigid enough and has an elasticity that helps with static lung loading. We have thought about inserting stainless rings to keep it from collapsing. I was referred to http://www.moellerbalg.de/ by the people on the NWDesigns list. HTH

BioPak60 Deathbox! rchrds will become famous soon enough rchrds will become famous soon enough rchrds will become famous soon enough rchrds's Avatar
    BP-60, Revo Mod1

Quote Originally Posted by montyg
    I have asked this question on the NWDesigns list some time ago and I was told that the McMaster-Carr bellowses are not rigid enough - they collapse / go out-of-round and this, in turn causes friction. Rumour has it that the Halcyon's bellows is teflon coated, rigid enough and has an elasticity that helps with static lung loading. We have thought about inserting stainless rings to keep it from collapsing. I was referred to http://www.moellerbalg.de/ by the people on the NWDesigns list. HTH
    Okay- so some information regarding my early results- I have two types of bellows - both the thin polyethylene (McMC 9741K59) and the thicker rubber/jersey coat types (www.gortite.com)- the PE is extremely thin and would probably breath very well, but succumbed to design failure in my unit, based on dimensions- I could not get ID and OD close enough to either fit the unit or develop the correct ratio. The thicker rubber/jersey bellows had exactly the right dimensions that I needed and at first seemed a little too stiff- but after hanging them out in the unit (full extension) they stretched enough to allow an acceptable WOB. (This is entirely based on out of the water with no scrubber material.) It does not collapse quite as much as I might have hoped- particularly the inner bellow, but the only design issue is the extension of the injection push rods, which is not an issue at all. The unit is very close to being in the water- (couple of weeks depending on work) and i will report more as it comes along.

Thanks for all the links folks.

J

+ Reply to Thread