+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HI Booster Pump from Tech Blue

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

HI Booster Pump from Tech Blue

Here are a few piccies of the new booster pump, a quality bit of kit and I must say i am very pleased with it (I will get round to writing up a proper article soon).

I got the pump from Tech Blue and the whip kit from Ron - TMISHOP.

Below we can see the pump before connecting it up to the whip kit with the quick disconnects.

Next up is it connected.

Below shows the connection to the J of O2 - I had to get a bull nose to 1/4" adapter so it would fit the quick disconnect.

And finally the DIN connection to my little cylinder. Here you can see bleed valve etc.

It boosts up to 238 bar apparantly - but the boost ratio is 20 to 1, however max pressure from any of my second stages is 11 bar - so I can only get upto 220 bar at the moment. I found that out the hard way - first time I tried it I only got to 180 bar and was scratching my head until i read the instructions and then tried all the first stage sin the house!

So Nigel - I need you to tweak one of my first stages please!

Stuart

Ps It would seem to be very fast, I havent timed it yet but have not got bored watching it ;)

ZeroEmissions Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad's Avatar
    Sentinel/Boris/Evo/Liberty

HomeBuild, AP Classic, Path

How much for this nice toy?
    Please keep me informed on the functioning, I'm looking for something like that.
    Thanks.
    Nad

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar
    Hi Nad,

Techblue are selling the booster for $1450. Whip kits and adapters i guess you can spend as much or as little as you want - I would have thought it would be easier to source whips etc locally....

Stuart

ZeroEmissions Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by schford
    Hi Nad,

Techblue are selling the booster for $1450. Whip kits and adapters i guess you can spend as much or as little as you want - I would have thought it would be easier to source whips etc locally....

Stuart
    Thanks Stuart,
    Well yes. I'm discovering it now: I'm doing a complete revision of my mix panel, compressor and filters... It's now 3 weeks I've everything out of order because of some missing parts!

Nad

If your thinking of getting a booster and everything is in bits I would do it now then you only have to put it back together once!

I only had to wait 48 hours for my booster to arrive!

Stuart

If your thinking of getting a booster and everything is in bits I would do it now then you only have to put it back together once!

I only had to wait 48 hours for my booster to arrive!

Stuart
    The 48 hr it's a really good new.
    I was also looking at the baby jetsam, almost the same price... but I never use one of them so... I have to sleep over them.
    Nad

I nearly got a jetsam - great little booster - but they make them in batches - I had been waiting since Easter.

I think the Jetsam is slightly better if you going to take it on planes as its lighter, but the HI pump that I got shoudl be more reliable as it uses ball not reed valves - I am sure some one more technically minded could explain it better.

Stuart

I nearly got a jetsam - great little booster - but they make them in batches - I had been waiting since Easter.

I think the Jetsam is slightly better if you going to take it on planes as its lighter, but the HI pump that I got shoudl be more reliable as it uses ball not reed valves - I am sure some one more technically minded could explain it better.

Stuart
    Mmmh, probably you're right.
    Let's check it out.

Nad

Tobin George cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52's Avatar
    Very Nice!

Ps It would seem to be very fast, I havent timed it yet but have not got bored watching it ;)
    Or perhaps you're easily amused :D

Tobin

+ Reply to Thread