+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: O2 sensor test pot

Normal people worry me jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap's Avatar

Re: O2 sensor test pot

I built a very improvised one. Quick & dirty holds 3 cells using a lexan tube and plugs from Tauchen - Cave, Nitrox, Rebreather Ausbildung, Tec Ausrüstung, Reisen Just added some plates and metal rods to keep it together under pressure. Using an oxygen regulator set at ~2 bar IP and Swagelok 3-way valve and a max 5 bar gauge.

Works very well. The small internal volume makes is easy to purge and get a good 100% O2 atm inside. Will try to get some pictures of it tomorrow.

Banned - Threat of Litigation AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cedricverdier  View Original Post
    Hi all,

Looking at the very interesting article written by Sabgia:
    http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=4923

I was wondering if someone has already built a pressure pot that could allow to test O2 sensors at a pO2 greater than 1.0

Cheers
    We have a pot that allows them to be tested up to a PPO2 of 600. No misprints. The pot is designed for BOMB testing with O2.

Happy to sell them if anyone wants them. $1800 a piece. Email me for pictures and spec. Made from Nickel Bronze, for the obvious reasons at that pressure with O2.

Iain Middlebrook will no doubt advise that pressures above PPO2 of 250, should be done with the unit behind railway sleepers. I would concur. Getting 600bar of O2 is even more interesting.

The pressure rise can be controlled by computer. Unit includes helium proof digital pressure sensor. Bargain! Computer control comes at $900 extra.

Cheers,
    Alex
    Last edited by AD_ward9; 14th September 2006 at 20:08.

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Quote Originally Posted by AD_ward9  View Original Post
    We have a pot that allows them to be tested up to a PPO2 of 600. No misprints.
    okay, I'll bite.... why?

Banned - Threat of Litigation AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Field  View Original Post
    okay, I'll bite.... why?
    BOMB testing of variable orifice O2 injectors that need no first stage. Max cylinder pressure of 300 bar, so design at 2.3 times that, and test at twice that.
    What is even more interesting, is we still have our first one of these, and it is still fully operational.

Cheers,
    Alex

S21 M.I.B. cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jaap  View Original Post
    I built a very improvised one. Quick & dirty holds 3 cells using a lexan tube and plugs from Tauchen - Cave, Nitrox, Rebreather Ausbildung, Tec Ausrüstung, Reisen Just added some plates and metal rods to keep it together under pressure. Using an oxygen regulator set at ~2 bar IP and Swagelok 3-way valve and a max 5 bar gauge.

Works very well. The small internal volume makes is easy to purge and get a good 100% O2 atm inside. Will try to get some pictures of it tomorrow.
    Hi Jaap,

Yes please post some pictures!!! sounds like an interesting and affordable project.

Cheers

Normal people worry me jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap's Avatar

OK

Some pictures then. Basically its an 'inverted' tube style pO2-meter from ppO2.com/tecme.de

It is really preferable to have a regulator with an easy to adjust and stable IP, set very low like max 2bar to avoid damaging anything.

If an ordinary regulator with a high IP is used I would really recomend some sort of very small orifice or needlevalve plus an OPV to avoid too high pressures.

Picture 1: The system is unpressurized and the 3-way valve is open to ambient.
    Picture 2: Pressure at just shy of 2 bar 100% O2 (The displays only go to pO2 1.99).
    Picture 2: Some of the parts minus gasfeed.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by jaap; 17th September 2006 at 23:49. Reason: Text for the pictures

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Jaap,

Thanks for posting the pics. Have some green!

One question...

How thick is the tube material ? I think I have something perfect to copy your idea...

RBW Member Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles's Avatar

Looks like it's easy to use with little that can go wrong.

I would suggest adding mV measurement to each so one can log the mV across the range and observe the onset of failure as the cells get older.

Southern Monkey Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sabgia  View Original Post
    Looks like it's easy to use with little that can go wrong.

I would suggest adding mV measurement to each so one can log the mV across the range and observe the onset of failure as the cells get older.
    You need coffee in the morning dont you Gilles :D

The displays are mV (panel) meters... and can be used in their natural state for showing mV rather than ppO2, have a search on building a O2 Analyser

Temperature, pressure, humidity would be more interesting things to add, then the whole lot driven by a PC and logging all the details over a simulated dive with mixed gas rather than just O2....

Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie  View Original Post
    Jaap,

Thanks for posting the pics. Have some green!

One question...

How thick is the tube material ? I think I have something perfect to copy your idea...
    3mm thick Lexan tube. I would not run it much higher than 1 bar overpressure without any additional shielding. The shorter tube in the last picture is for single cell testing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast