Hello all, Craig de Wit, Captain of MV Golden Dawn has asked me to post some info about 3 trips which may be of interest to CCR wreck divers. From June 12th to July 3rd there will be 3 x 10-12 day trips on Golden Dawn in and out of Rabaul, Papua New Guinea. Rabaul's Simpson Harbor was the site of intense WW2 allied bombing which left many Japanese ships on the bottom. There are many wrecks in the 50+ meter range, of which Craig has recently dived 4. Many have still not been located, and I doubt the known ones are regularly dived. Craig is a CCR diver himself and GD is an excellent 80ft CCR friendly boat, with He, O2, sorb and max. 10 guests.

At this early stage, if enough CCR divers are interested it would be possible to design an itinerary more around diving known wrecks and locating some of the others instead of the usual recreational itinerary currently planned.

The picture on my avatar is me on a wreck in PNG and you are welcomed to ask me any general questions about the boat as I have spent a lot of time on her. Or you can contact Craig directly:

craig@mvgoldendawn.com

I'm still trying to decide btw one of these trips and a later one to Hansa Bay, another site of many WW2 Japanese cargo wrecks from another allied air attack... -Andy