+ Reply to Thread

Thread: case report: stingray injury to the heart

Curmudgeon babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar's Avatar

case report: stingray injury to the heart

I just found this in the Med Journal of Australia:
    Interesting no? The original article with diagrams is attached.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by babar; 6th September 2006 at 15:11.

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Re: case report: stingray injury to the heart

Thanks for the education.

For sure, I will be a lot cautious to stingrays than I have been in the past...

PRISM DIVER & LUVIN IT! dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie  View Original Post
    Thanks for the education.

For sure, I will be a lot cautious to stingrays than I have been in the past...
    Dido!

Are there differeant spiecies, or are all venomous?

Ladies bring a plate Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve's Avatar

Not all species of rays have spines. Here is some info on Australian species " Couplet 3 images " The ray commonly refered to as a Bull Ray is a Black Stingray and a bit of info can be found here " Black Stingray, Dasyatis thetidis "

They are common and well liked by divers. I'm guessing a few people will be fearful of them now which is a shame as they are a pleasure to dive with apart from a few notable exceptions
    WARNING: I contain occasional coarse language, extreme sexual references, nudity, and adult themes, which may offend some people - Usually churchy types.

Team Torrent Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken's Avatar

Interesting article - timely. It'll be interesting to see what type of exposure protection Irwin was wearing. His standard khaki shirt and shorts would offer zero puncture resistance whereas a neoprene suit may have offered some degree of protection?

Rays are pretty benign creatures. However, they are still wild critters and somewhat unpredictable. One barbless. gigantic electric torpedo ray used to live at Farnsworth Banks near Catalina Island. I can't say he tried to goad people into touching him, but he certainly showed no fear of anyone, or anything. Zapp!!!

+ Reply to Thread