+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Change in RBW Tone?

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

Change in RBW Tone?

It seems that there has been a change in tone here lately. Up to now, everyone could discuss things openly and without personal insult trading. I sure hope that things stay this way. :)

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Re: Change in RBW Tone?

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaDadMiami  View Original Post
    It seems that there has been a change in tone here lately. Up to now, everyone could discuss things openly and without personal insult trading. I sure hope that things stay this way. :)
    I haven't notice any changes you jerk, what the hell are you talking about?

(just kidding really :D )

But seriously I think this forum is much more enlightened and co-operative that any on the net I frequent. Did you have a particular thread in mind?
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc  View Original Post
    Did you have a particular thread in mind?
    There was the thread on 100m+ bailout, http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=6498, and there is also http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=6541. I have certainly seen in much worse on other sites. So, I am not saying that this reflects the overall tone of RBW.

I just feel a bit out of sorts, and I wanted to take a sanity breath to consider if something is starting to go a bit astray. :D

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

I have been wondering how we get back to our friendly normal service - I know we all have our good and bad days which is why I haven't made anything of it.

But I sure hope we go back to our normal inclusive self!

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

...to consider if something is starting to go a bit astray.
    Personally, I don't think anything has gone astray yet.

I will take the example of DrMike's reaction on your trimix thread...

IMHO, he only reacted the way I would expect any normal person would when was treated with a condescending question from Devilgas. I certainly wouldn't let someone get away with talking to me in that manner!

On the 100m thread, he certainly has a point about poor training/understanding on some people's viewpoints. And some should be experienced divers.

Again, it is all IMHO and I am sure many will agree/disagree depending on your viewpoint.

This is so damn civilized compared to the old Techdiver, or even the NWRB list of the past.
    Last edited by decoweenie; 3rd September 2006 at 19:56. Reason: missing words...

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

I am all for open conversations but...

I think there may be some frustration to those threads “or hijacks” that really belong in a personal blog versus a thread in RBW.

At some point when the personal ramblings get to the point where there is a “perceived” lack of common sense there is a tendency lately to “bi$^#* slap” the author or the note.

Further there seems to be a few threads/posts lately where people have been making some pretty bold statements that show a lack basic “understanding” of CCR fundamentals.

When challenged on a point they can not provide a sound explanation for their position. The end result may then be a “perceived rude” comment.

So to net it out....
    1. Start to many threads that others think belong in a blog.... You may get smacked...
    2. Make to many posts that appear to lack common sense... You may get smacked...
    3. Start a thread asking a question that has been beaten to death in recent threads... You may get smacked.
    Get a reputation for doing the above... You WILL get smack until you stop doing it...

What does not kill you will make you stronger... ;)

Just my two cents...

Dive Safe

Mark
    Last edited by diverklondike; 3rd September 2006 at 19:49.

RBW Member Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diverklondike  View Original Post
    I am all for open conversations but...

I think there may be some frustration to those threads “or hijacks” that really belong in a personal blog versus a thread in RBW.

At some point when the personal ramblings get to the point where there is a “perceived” lack of common sense there is a tendency lately to “bi$^#* slap” the author or the note.

Further there seems to be a few threads/posts lately where people have been making some pretty bold statements that show a lack basic “understanding” of CCR fundamentals.

When challenged on a point they can not provide a sound explanation for their position. The end result may then be a “perceived rude” comment.

So to net it out....
    1. Start to many threads that others think belong in a blog.... You may get smacked...
    2. Make to many posts that appear to lack common sense... You may get smacked...
    3. Start a thread asking a question that has been beaten to death in recent threads... You may get smacked.
    Get a reputation for doing the above... You WILL get smack until you stop doing it...

Just my two cents...

Dive Safe

Mark
    And smacking is OK? From what I've seen ignoring is usually a better option especially for some individuals that seem to thrive on this type of arguing. (Yes feel free to ignore me )

At the same time some people, however knolegable and respected, seem to have a short fuse. Once annoyed they stop reading what's there and read what they want to read. consequently they get inflamed even more.
    YES it would be great if newbies and nitwits stoped annoying you guys but it ain't gonna happen. All you can do is give a dignified response or ignore. Everything else will make it worse not better....

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diverklondike  View Original Post
    II think there may be some frustration to those threads “or hijacks” that really belong in a personal blog versus a thread in RBW.

Yes, I am glad someone else feels the same about this rambling blog issue...
    Last edited by decoweenie; 3rd September 2006 at 21:13. Reason: still typing too fast

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchy  View Original Post
    (Yes feel free to ignore me )
    Huh ? Did you say something ?

:D ;)

RBW Member Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie  View Original Post
    Huh ? Did you say something ?
    :D ;)

I did, it was an open invitation to tip the ball in but I though it needed a lighter tone.
    If I may suggest something with respect to "blogging" then I would suggest "policing the forums" for a while. It's in quotes as it sounds radical. I did this on a gamers forum that had a lot of immature members and then it did work.

The key was not deleting posts (causes aggression and new posts) but moving posts to sections where they ARE appropriate (they usually are but just not where you encounter them ;) ). I did this for a month or so and people picked up on it fast...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast