+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Shearwater HUD is shipping

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar

Re: Shearwater HUD is shipping

Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie  View Original Post
    Bruce,

Just an idea from looking at the Sheartwater HUD holder...

I know that your HUD won't fit the APD HUD holder since your HUD has a smaller OD.

Personally, I think a split plastic sleeve slide over your HUD to increase the OD allowing it to fit the APD holder might be more elegant.
    That's my plan :p

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beanie  View Original Post
    That's my plan :p
    ...well, what can I say except great minds think alike... :)

Quote Originally Posted by bgpartri  View Original Post
    It shares the existing cells. There are some pictures on the FAQ page of my web site.

The only issue with the Inspiration is how to get the wire through the lid. I need to have a closer look at your new product. The Inspiration head is too thin to accept the types of connectors I usually use.

We're also looking at a replacement head for the Inspiration. It's just a matter of working out the mechanical side. The electronics has been done for a while.

Hi Bruce

If I where to buy the HUD now, would it still be possible to use that if you deside to launch new controllers for the Inspiration.
    Would be kinda nice just to upgrade and not be left with surplus parts.
    I really like the logic in how the HUD is showing PO2, so I'm itching to add one on the Classic Inspiration head now.

Cheers
    Johnny

CEO-Shearwater
    bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri's Avatar
    rEvo, JJ

Meg,CCR2000,KISS,Inspo,Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Christensen  View Original Post
    Hi Bruce

If I where to buy the HUD now, would it still be possible to use that if you deside to launch new controllers for the Inspiration.
    Would be kinda nice just to upgrade and not be left with surplus parts.
    I really like the logic in how the HUD is showing PO2, so I'm itching to add one on the Classic Inspiration head now.

Cheers
    Johnny
    Johnny,

Yes it should be possible to use the HUD on the controller. But since the Inspiration replacement head doesn't exist yet, there may be design changes. If for some reason it doesn't work, I'll do an exchange for you.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance. It is the illusion of knowledge.
    http://www.shearwater.com

Then it's time to spend some money again :D

That's a great offer Bruce, have some green for supporting rebreatherdiving with the right tools and a good attitude.

Cheers
    Johnny

RBW Member peter is an unknown quantity at this point peter's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Inspiration Classic

What kind of battery is the HUD using and how long is the expected lifetime?
    Is the Inspiration HUD complete with all the cables to connect it to the existing cells?

Yes, I know the Beanie cell holder or similar cell holder is needed…..

CEO-Shearwater
    bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri's Avatar
    rEvo, JJ

Meg,CCR2000,KISS,Inspo,Dolphin

It uses the same Saft 14500 3.6 volt lithium AA as the GF.

It should last for years at least. I would recommend replacing it a the start of each season to be sure.

Yes, it comes with everything you need except the Beanie adaptor.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance. It is the illusion of knowledge.
    http://www.shearwater.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6