+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Shearwater HUD is shipping

CEO-Shearwater
    bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri's Avatar
    rEvo, JJ

Meg,CCR2000,KISS,Inspo,Dolphin

Shearwater HUD is shipping

The first orders of the Shearwater HUD were delivered to customers this week. We will be shipping a few more each week for the next couple of weeks, then 100 will be available September 15.

Since the Megalodon conversion was just waiting for the HUD case to be done, it is now shipping too. The first delivery will be by the end of next week.

More information is available at Shearwater Research Inc. - Computers for open ciruit and rebreathers
    The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance. It is the illusion of knowledge.
    http://www.shearwater.com

RBW Member cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Re: Shearwater HUD is shipping

Hey bruce.

How will you piggy back the hud on the shearwater so that both can read all three sensors?

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar

Hi Bruce,

Does it need its own cells?
    Or will it run off the cell in there alongside the othe PPO2 monitors.

And can it be used on the inspiration at all?

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

See- http://www.rebreather.ca/Product_Ima...sk_hud_new.jpg

I'm pretty sure Bruce is piggy-backing the Shearwater and HUD so both read all three cells, I'd imagine you could bugger around and get it to fit an Inspiration but I'm sure Bruce will explain shortly....

RBW Member Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan's Avatar

I'm certainly interested if this can be piggy-backed into the Inspo loom without affecting the performance of the internal monitoring and control. The other HUD I've looked at that gives independant primary readings for all 3 cells is about twice the price of this offerring - combine this HUD with Beanies cell holder to get the wiring out without drilling the head, and knowing that it will be (electrically) isolated from the primary monitoring loop we're onto a winner.

CEO-Shearwater
    bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri's Avatar
    rEvo, JJ

Quote Originally Posted by cameron  View Original Post
    Hey bruce.

How will you piggy back the hud on the shearwater so that both can read all three sensors?
    The wire comes into one of the three ports on the kidney or triple connectors. The Shearwater GF goes into one, and the HUD into another.

There is a description of how to connect the sensors on the website on the FAQ page. It is the same method used to connect Jetsam displays.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance. It is the illusion of knowledge.

CEO-Shearwater
    rEvo, JJ

Quote Originally Posted by Beanie  View Original Post
    Hi Bruce,

Does it need its own cells?
    Or will it run off the cell in there alongside the othe PPO2 monitors.

It shares the existing cells. There are some pictures on the FAQ page of my web site.

The only issue with the Inspiration is how to get the wire through the lid. I need to have a closer look at your new product. The Inspiration head is too thin to accept the types of connectors I usually use.

We're also looking at a replacement head for the Inspiration. It's just a matter of working out the mechanical side. The electronics has been done for a while.
    Last edited by bgpartri; 31st August 2006 at 14:05.

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bgpartri  View Original Post
    It shares the existing cells. There are some pictures on the FAQ page of my web site.

The only issue with the Inspiration is how to get the wire through the lid. I need to have a closer look at your new product. The Inspiration head is too thin to accept the types of connectors I usually use.

We're also looking at a replacement head for the Inspiration. It's just a matter of working out the mechanical side. The electronics has been done for a while.
    Ah no problem :)
    One of these :)
    it will plug straight in :D

Please excuse the blatent plug

CEO-Shearwater
    rEvo, JJ

Quote Originally Posted by Beanie  View Original Post
    Hi Bruce,

Beanie,

I agree. It looks like it would just plug in. Your price seems reasonable, so I think we have a winner here.

Anyone want to be a beta tester?

It looks like we could also do a three sensors integrated deco computer too without developing anything but a cable. That will also need to be tested. Hmmm. I need to find a local Inspiration diver.

Bruce

hell is in the details Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T's Avatar
    JOKI/rEVO/HOME MADE

EDO04 Ray

whats the max depth ( tested ) of this HUD?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast