+ Reply to Thread

Thread: blurred vision

New Member Jred is an unknown quantity at this point Jred's Avatar

blurred vision

does anybody have a problem with blurred vision at depth (deeper than 40 meters), where they have to really look and focus on their hand set or VR3 to read them accurately.

RBW Writer Sue has a spectacular aura about Sue has a spectacular aura about Sue has a spectacular aura about Sue has a spectacular aura about Sue has a spectacular aura about Sue's Avatar

Re: blurred vision

Yes, that why I've upgraded my VR3 to color screen version

;)

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

I think Gill had this problem - and my memory is rusty but didn't it get better when he purposefully equalisied mask pressure with a little nose exhalation?

Stuart

Shearwater Copis Diver Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy's Avatar
    Copis Meg and rEvo III

Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by schford  View Original Post
    I think Gill had this problem - and my memory is rusty but didn't it get better when he purposefully equalisied mask pressure with a little nose exhalation?

Stuart
    yes, i seem to be pretty sensitive to increased ocular pressure and my ears get crunchy really easily. I keep my counter lungs more full than minimum loop requires, which helps my ears and i purposefully keep my mask a little extra pressurized...otherwize i can't focus on things up close, to the point where i can't read my vision screen very well and thats with 20/20 vision normally.

Gill Envy

New Member stephenk is an unknown quantity at this point stephenk's Avatar

I have a colour VR3 and have see the smaller numbers slightly blurred from about 20 meters. I find my suunto vyper easier to read but struggle with the VR3 on occasions. At first I thought it was a problem with the VR3 but I had someone check at depth they could read it. Since then I've put it down to getting older and a bit long sighted. I hadn't noticed the long sightedness in general day-to-day living but since I've been aware of the problem with the vr3, I'm sure on land I hold labels of bottles a bit further away than I used to. Not sure why the problem would get worse at depth, don't think it is narcosis affecting my vision as I also have the problem on trimix in similar range.

I had an eye test in a medical checkup recently and my eyes were fine so think the problem with my eyes must be slight. I also think my problem is too consistent to be equalising plus I normally breathe out slightly through my nose, but will try next time to see if that helps.

Randy Thornton Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict's Avatar
    Hammerhead Sentinel Evolution

Optima Inspiration Prism 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jred  View Original Post
    does anybody have a problem with blurred vision at depth (deeper than 40 meters), where they have to really look and focus on their hand set or VR3 to read them accurately.
    YES! In my case it is called "Old Age" Once I passed 45 years old, everything got more difficult to read! In reality, on deeper dives I find it more difficult, but I think it may be narcosis combined with lower amounts of light. I have found the color VR3 much easier to read at depth. Also the "Big Eyes" mode is wonderful! ;)

Steve C UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve's Avatar

Close Up Lenses

Hi,

Perhaps not a solution for everyone but I have put these in my mask and they make it much easier to read my Vision and VR3 underwater..

They are available in a number of different magnifications - link below for a UK supplier (no affilliation I assure you!!). Have also seen them in some dive shops

http://www.edirectory.co.uk/pf/pages...880&afid=88888

Steve

+ Reply to Thread