+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HDA - Hose Drying Apparatus

Team Torrent Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken's Avatar

HDA - Hose Drying Apparatus

Ever breathe through your hoses and noticed a strange, "fungusy" feeling?

You rinsed and could have swore that you dried those darn hoses properly...but you still get the creepy feeling that you're breathing in some unwanted critters?

Well, try building one of these:

I'm fanatical about keeping my loop free of microbes. I've experimented with various drying techniques ranging from undoing all the hoses to using forced air. I am also not one who likes re-connecting hoses. Well, Glad company has made that easier. Press'n and Seal works wonders.
    http://tst.glad.com/pressnseal/faq.html

Press'n Seal can work as a cheap scrubber saver, O2 cell seal...you name it. To build my quickie hose dryer I connected an air boot dryer (no heating element to damage or shrink those delicate mushroom valves) wrapped the mouthpiece with Press'n and Seal and ran some air through the exhaust side. You can do the same thing on the inhale side by by wrapping the T piece. Really beats having to take apart all those jubilee clips. A bit too much...maybe, but then again I've never had an incidence of lung infection from the RB. Best.
    Attached Images

John Routley
    narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90's Avatar

Re: HDA - Hose Drying Apparatus

hi ken....bugger you:D ....! i've been working on a loop dryier for production!
    it all started with the bug plugs i produce to keep the creepys out but you still get a nasty smell in the exhale hose(i do use a long bottle brush to clean mine) but it would be better to force dry the loop with clean air to stop microbs growing in a moist enviomnet over a number of days.
    john
    Last edited by narked at 90; 28th August 2006 at 19:12.
    you know...life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
    Its about learning to dance in the rain..

Supporting Shearwater Research Products in Europe

Team Torrent Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by narked at 90  View Original Post
    hi ken....bugger you:D ....! i've been working on a loop dryier for production!
    it all started with the bug plugs i produce to keep the creepys out but you still get a nasty smell in the exhale hose(i do use a long bottle brush to clean mine) but it would be better to force dry the loop with clean air to stop microbs growing in a moist enviomnet over a number of days.
    john

Hi John,

Now that I've posted it here I own all patents, copyrights and intellectual rights to this idea...which I'll trade for a Narked@90 sticker or something. :D

Best with bringing a product that I think RB divers need but seldom think about until they actually get buggered with a lung ailment. Microbes in a pre-seeded, moist and nutrient rich area can grow exponentially. Ick.

Ken

John Routley
    narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken  View Original Post
    Hi John,

Now that I've posted it here I own all patents, copyrights and intellectual rights to this idea...which I'll trade for a Narked@90 sticker or something. :D Best with bringing a product that I think RB divers need but seldom think about until they actually get buggered with a lung ailment. Microbes in a pre-seeded, moist and nutrient rich area can grow exponentially. Ick.

Ken
    lol ken send me your address as i think i have one narked at 90 sticker some ware. i had a couple done as a tester but did'nt make a load of them.
    kind regards john
    you know...life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
    Its about learning to dance in the rain..

Supporting Shearwater Research Products in Europe

+ Reply to Thread