+ Reply to Thread

Thread: seattle area sorb buying collective forming

Shearwater Copis Diver Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy's Avatar
    Copis Meg and rEvo III

Evolution

seattle area sorb buying collective forming

If you are interested in going in on a large order of sodasorb or sofnolime drop me a line with your email. I know of options for purchasing partial or full palates of kegs (we need an order of at least 5 kegs...). If we order together we can buy in bulk and save on shipping.

Gill Envy

Shearwater Copis Diver Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy's Avatar
    Copis Meg and rEvo III

Evolution

Re: seattle area sorb buying collective forming

oh, sorry for the lack of clarity, that would be 6-12 grade and my preference would be to get sodasorb.... for 5+ kegs it's $110 a keg incl shipping, for a palate-$92 per 37 lb keg/ aprx $2.50 per lb including shipping.

for the local store owners, give us an option to buy large quantities with some kind of price break and i wouldn't bother going around you. Purchasing little, overpriced jugs just doesn't appeal to me, no offense.

Gill Envy

New Member Grizz is an unknown quantity at this point Grizz's Avatar

just wondering why sodasorb 6-12 and not Sofnolime 8-12?

RBW Member RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan's Avatar
    Meg

CCR Dolphin

I might suggest confirming expiration dates on the sorb fore you plunk your money down, there is some expired or close to it stuff floating around. Also my last experience with grace sodasorb was that it was very powdery, so much that I finally threw it out and went to sofnolime.

Copis Meg and rEvo III

Evolution

good precaution, and yes, will do.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMicjan  View Original Post
    I might suggest confirming expiration dates on the sorb fore you plunk your money down, there is some expired or close to it stuff floating around. Also my last experience with grace sodasorb was that it was very powdery, so much that I finally threw it out and went to sofnolime.

Gill Envy

Copis Meg and rEvo III

Evolution

if I can't find enough interest in sodasorb 6-12, then will go for sofnolime 8-12. the price difference is between %25 and %100 more in cost for sofnolime depending on size of order and where purchased.
    Reason for my preference is percieved value. I've used both and I haven't had an issue with dust and sodasorb. I've heard some interesting numbers thrown around about sofnolime being more efficient but I have yet to see an equal controlled comparison and in any case sodasorb certainly has a good track record. any unsubstantiated difference is unlikely to be significant, even less of an issue with the recreational limits we dive. sofnolime is more uniform in size and less dusty but until i see objective numbers showing otherwise, i just don't see why it's that much better...my 02 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz  View Original Post
    just wondering why sodasorb 6-12 and not Sofnolime 8-12?

Gill Envy

New Member Pugwash is on a distinguished road Pugwash is on a distinguished road Pugwash's Avatar

It always strikes me as odd that we pay perhaps £5k for a unit and when the manufacturer recommends a particular grade scrubber material we go out of our way to deviate from the recommended to save a few bucks.

Surely it's recommended for a reason? Why stray from the recommended when it is available - and certainly from my perspective - cheaply at that? I live in Egypt and pay around £8 / kilo for sofnolime. Not the cheapest on the planet by any means, but you have to have it to dive.

Okay, I'm a relative noob at this, but am I missing something?

Dan

Copis Meg and rEvo III

Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Pugwash  View Original Post
    It always strikes me as odd that we pay perhaps £5k for a unit and when the manufacturer recommends a particular grade scrubber material we go out of our way to deviate from the recommended to save a few bucks.

Surely it's recommended for a reason? Why stray from the recommended when it is available - and certainly from my perspective - cheaply at that? I live in Egypt and pay around £8 / kilo for sofnolime. Not the cheapest on the planet by any means, but you have to have it to dive.

Okay, I'm a relative noob at this, but am I missing something?

Dan
    there are many valid perspective and this is definitely worthy of debate, but on another thread please, i'd like to keep this one focussed to those interested in going in on a big purchase... just called around today and everybody is out of sorb...one more reason to buy bulk. anyway, feel free to start a separate post for such a debate, i'm all for it.
    g

Gill Envy

New Member Grizz is an unknown quantity at this point Grizz's Avatar

I might be in to it if it was Sofnolime 8-12

Copis Meg and rEvo III

Evolution

I'll keep you in mind and we'll see how things shape up over the next week or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz  View Original Post
    I might be in to it if it was Sofnolime 8-12

Gill Envy

+ Reply to Thread