+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trimix storage

RBW Member Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil's Avatar
    rEvo, Sentinel, Ouroboros

Inspiration, Megalodon,

Trimix storage

Hi,

I prepare trimix in a 15L or 20L tank and then use a booster to refill my 3L tank. I was wondering if there is some issues with storing trimix for few months. If the tank is never moved over time could we get some kind of gas separation du to the difference in weight.(Helium find itself at the top close the valve since it is lighter) Should I give it a good shake, roll before using it to refill.

Would appreciate your views on the subject.

ZeroEmissions Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad's Avatar
    Sentinel/Boris/Evo/Liberty

HomeBuild, AP Classic, Path

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Hi,

I prepare trimix in a 15L or 20L tank and then use a booster to refill my 3L tank. I was wondering if there is some issues with storing trimix for few months. If the tank is never moved over time could we get some kind of gas separation du to the difference in weight.(Helium find itself at the top close the valve since it is lighter) Should I give it a good shake, roll before using it to refill.

Would appreciate your views on the subject.
    The only problem I had was he lost because of leak in some point: it so easy with he.
    Since then I never stored trimix or heliox mixture again for long periods.
    Well, off course after long periods some stratification is possible and shake the tanks can help you.
    Hope this help.
    Which booster are you using?

Nad
    OC Trainer
    CCR Instructor
    English/Italian/French classes
    Everywhere needed

ZeroEmissions Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad's Avatar
    Sentinel/Boris/Evo/Liberty

HomeBuild, AP Classic, Path

Quote Originally Posted by Nad
    Which booster are you using?

Nad
    OOps, sorry, I forgot to have a look at you web page!

Wow such a construction...

Nad
    OC Trainer
    CCR Instructor
    English/Italian/French classes
    Everywhere needed

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar
    Only problem there could be is losing He but you can check for that by analsing the gas
    wouldn't of thought that it would be that much of a problem over a couple of months

Ladies bring a plate Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanie
    Only problem there could be is losing He but you can check for that by analsing the gas
    wouldn't of thought that it would be that much of a problem over a couple of months
    It has happened to me over the course of days. Bottom line is the obvious; analyze ones gas.

All it took was a shitty tank oring. Initally we thought it was a difference between 2 analysers but we found it was my tank with a slow leek that was leaking He.

Nekton EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

the gas doesnt stratify once its mixed... brownian motion solves that. It can layer if you mix it VERY slowly, but a quick tumble will resolve that.

RBW Member Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil's Avatar
    rEvo, Sentinel, Ouroboros

Inspiration, Megalodon,

Thanks to all for your reply, which confirm my thoughts.

Cheers,

+ Reply to Thread