+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: War Equipment????

Blacklisted Devils Advocate will become famous soon enough Devils Advocate will become famous soon enough Devils Advocate will become famous soon enough Devils Advocate will become famous soon enough Devils Advocate's Avatar
    1 of 6 on the shelf.

War Equipment????

Hi All,
    just a quick warning to anyone travelling from Europe with a rebreather. I have just had two guests turn up minus their units as they waer told by the airline that a rebreather was war equipment and was now not allowed on the plane. Fortunately they had enough time to take their units home and collect some OC gear . I do not know which airline, but they were travelling from Belgium to Egypt. I would double check with the airlines beore travelling to make sure.

A.

Rob Clemes iratnl will become famous soon enough iratnl will become famous soon enough iratnl will become famous soon enough iratnl will become famous soon enough iratnl's Avatar
    Apeks Meg

KISS Sport, Copis Meg

Re: War Equipment????

Goddamn it !!! I was hoping to bring my new unit out in October . Can I book your KISS Sport for a week instead ..... or maybe I can convince the airline my luggage just contains a large biscuit tin.

New Member narked@10m is on a distinguished road narked@10m is on a distinguished road narked@10m's Avatar

looks like i will have to put up with diving your meg for the week
    !!!ah yuk

TITAN-ITE grandizer52 will become famous soon enough grandizer52 will become famous soon enough grandizer52 will become famous soon enough grandizer52's Avatar
    pearl city hawaii EARTH moving to Iscandar

If your in the navy, you can travel with your unit...if not you must support the JI had

CK #159 caverkevin is a jewel in the rough caverkevin is a jewel in the rough caverkevin is a jewel in the rough caverkevin is a jewel in the rough caverkevin is a jewel in the rough caverkevin is a jewel in the rough caverkevin is a jewel in the rough caverkevin's Avatar
    Classic KISS

Meg

This whole air travel is getting to be sticky business.

I foresee the day when we have to charter our own aircraft for group dive trips. Just so each person can have 200Kg of checked baggage. Get the gear need there and back.

Cheers!!

Kevin

RBW Member shaun is an unknown quantity at this point shaun's Avatar

My favourit diveshop often plans trips and trimix courses Inspiration in the red sea.
    They always take along there personal RB without the tanks and leaving from Brussels they have not encountered any problems that I know.
    For any questions you might contact them here's the site where you can find their spec's www.aquatec.be

RBW Member SteveL is just really nice SteveL is just really nice SteveL is just really nice SteveL is just really nice SteveL is just really nice SteveL is just really nice SteveL is just really nice SteveL is just really nice SteveL is just really nice SteveL is just really nice SteveL's Avatar

so rebreathers can't go but SCUBA gear can

I know what I'll be telling them..........

RBW Member chrisch is an unknown quantity at this point chrisch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shaun
    My favourit diveshop often plans trips and trimix courses Inspiration in the red sea.
    They always take along there personal RB without the tanks and leaving from Brussels they have not encountered any problems that I know.
    Its possible things have changed following the arrest of the suspected bombers in the UK.

At one point you were unable to take your car-keys on as hand luggage....

I think it is now wise to check before you set off about any item other than clothes and swimming trunks ;)

Chris

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

How is a rebreather more or less "war equipement" than OC equipment, cameras, sunscreen, maps and binoculors?.... all of which where probably also on the flight.

Any chance you can name'n'shame the airline involved?

I hope your mates had a good holiday and I hope they've sent a serious letter to the airline showing their dismay and requesting compensation.

Maybe I won't be allowed to fly wearing my divers watch because navy divers wear them as well? What a bunch of crap...

RBW Member CCR900 has a spectacular aura about CCR900 has a spectacular aura about CCR900 has a spectacular aura about CCR900 has a spectacular aura about CCR900 has a spectacular aura about CCR900 has a spectacular aura about CCR900's Avatar

Every time someone decides to sneeze on a flight and the pilot decides to play it safe and call in the air force CNN & Sky blast out the "breaking News" and the financial markets reel; oil prices rise and equity markets fall. If the objective of Al Queida and their cronies is to terrorise they are doing a bloomin' good job.

I can only see "flying with strange objects" as a very expensive passtime, if not impossible and despite our good intentions airlines really won't give a damn. For the time being I am limiting my CCR travel to car driving distance ie Europe only.

Remember when it was not unusual to fill your pockets with 1st stages and have an extra bag hidden round the corner to avoid an extra 15kg of weight being checked in, Bin Laden you b*stard .

Fil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast