+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Breather use in British Caves

Quote Originally Posted by schford
    I appreciate the advice, I suspect my main motivation is maybe a cave or two in the UK (we have far too many nice wrecks) but get some training in so I can have a play in the systems in Florida when I am out there and probably Mexico and in those I suspect a CCR is probably a more appropriate tool.
    If you want to dive in Florida then you'll need to get an OC cave diving ticket and then a CC one (unless you join the CDG whose card seems to allow you to do whatever you like - sort of the "Platinum Card" of cave diving).

New Member Alan Gough is an unknown quantity at this point Alan Gough's Avatar
    Paul and Duncan
    I note the reference to Linley Caverns earlier in the thread as being suitable for Rebreather diving. This site is about 10 minutes from my home.
    Are there any links or sites where I might find out more information on depths and profiles etc. that either of you could recommend.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gough
    Paul and Duncan
    I note the reference to Linley Caverns earlier in the thread as being suitable for Rebreather diving. This site is about 10 minutes from my home.
    Are there any links or sites where I might find out more information on depths and profiles etc. that either of you could recommend.

Alan
    There's currently 2.5 km of line in the mine complex with a maximum depth of 55 m and penetration of over 1 km. Visibility is problematic in the near reaches due to infilling work conducted by the local council following a collapse. There has been a change of landowner recently so access is an issue. The land around the entrance is popular with local youths who will steal your gear, break into your car and set a fire inside the mine when you are diving.

PM me your email address and I'll try to help further.

Duncan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2