+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "New Posts" not working on my home computer. Help please...

Closed Account onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime's Avatar

"New Posts" not working on my home computer. Help please...

Alright, so a couple of things changed on my computer of late and I can't figure out what's stopping me from getting the "New Posts" button to work on my home computer. It only happens at RBW and not on The Deco Stop or any other site that I've found.

It worked last week but now that I updated my McAfee security center and downloaded a DivX thing for playing some videos I get a page not found whenever I try using the button. I've checked my settings within McAfee, uninstalled it and reinstalled it, and done the same with DivX. What the heck could have changed that's stopping me from getting just new posts to pop up?

I'm guessing it's something to do with cookies or something but I'm stumped at this point. Any help appreciated.

--Paul

RBW Member Okidiver will become famous soon enough Okidiver will become famous soon enough Okidiver will become famous soon enough Okidiver's Avatar

Re: "New Posts" not working on my home computer. Help please...

Might want to log out, then manually log back in, vice auto-log in.
    Worked for me after I switched ISPs and I was getting Server Not Founds...
    Rick

Southern Monkey Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon's Avatar

If logging out and back in does not work, try deleting all your cookies for the site and log in again.

Uri uri is an unknown quantity at this point uri's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by onetime
    Alright, so a couple of things changed on my computer of late and I can't figure out what's stopping me from getting the "New Posts" button to work on my home computer. It only happens at RBW and not on The Deco Stop or any other site that I've found.

It worked last week but now that I updated my McAfee security center and downloaded a DivX thing for playing some videos I get a page not found whenever I try using the button. I've checked my settings within McAfee, uninstalled it and reinstalled it, and done the same with DivX. What the heck could have changed that's stopping me from getting just new posts to pop up?

I'm guessing it's something to do with cookies or something but I'm stumped at this point. Any help appreciated.

--Paul
    I had this problem for months and recently discovered it was caused by a trojan virus recently removed. Try AVG free virus remover and update it first.

U.

Closed Account onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime's Avatar

Thanks all, turns out it was the McAfee update. Despite adding RBW as a trusted site and allowing cookies from it there was something keeping it from allowing access. I scrapped McAfee and loaded AVG free virus protection and Zone Alarm as a firewall.

+ Reply to Thread