+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Most popular Deco model

S21 M.I.B. cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier's Avatar

Most popular Deco model

Last year, there was an interesting poll on the DecoStop forum about the most popular way to plan decompression dives.

As the members of the TDS are mainly OC divers (but not exclusively) the results gave the VPM model as the most popular algorythm (58% of the voters). As neither VPM or VPM-B is implemented in a dive computer, the favorite deco software was therefore v-planner. The results of this poll are shown here: http://www.hhssoftware.com/v-planner/decomodelpoll.html

It could be interesting to see if these results are the same in the rebreather diving community. According to some manufacturers, there are much more rebreather divers using diving computers during their trimix dives, than OC divers (the good old tables...)

S21 M.I.B. cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier's Avatar
    I almost exclusively use V-planner to plan my Trimix dives (either OC or CCR). I also use the IANTD constant pO2 tables (generated by V-Planner as well) as back-up tables.

I only use a Gradient Factor model (Vision Electronics) when I use (or teach) the Evolution CCR for recreational air-diluent diving (actually with settings that try to mimic a VPM-B profile).

Cheers

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

What i use...

My thinking is very 'new' but currently I am using GAP RGBM to plan my dives which allows me to see what my run times and deco will be like for both Gradient factors and RGBM on screen at the same time (also allows me to quickly check that my OC bailout is adequate).

This allows me to compare what my Shearwater integrated deco will be doing and my HS Explorer RGBM computer.

Using this I then tweak the Gradient factors for the mix i will be using to get a similiar deco profile to RGBM.

I then store this GF in my shearwater electronics on the Meg and just to be safe I run the same profile on the HS Explorer simulator to make sure the deco marries up.

For me this works really well and I Can use GAP to easily print out backup tables for both normal and OC bailout if needed.

I don't (yet)but that is I have my bailout mixes in both my HS exlporer and shearwater and touch wood can not envisage them both going belly up.

When I spend more time considering it - I will probably go with standard mixes and then print and laminate backup tables and just keep them in a pocket - not done it yet though.

Stuart

Decodiver
    I use the Shearwater leckies with GF and 2 VR3s plus some back up tables (V-planner, Proplanner and non public domain tables).

I generally wait for all my computers to clear.

We are going to be doing some interesting Heliox deep dives this summer so should be fun..........

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.

PRISM DIVER & LUVIN IT! dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000's Avatar
    Stuart,

That is the way I have been doing my OC dives the last 2 yrs. When I take my ccr course I will discuss with leon the best way to proceed with ccr dives . As far as OC deep dives I really have enjoyed Gap and RGBM.

Martin
    Quote Originally Posted by schford
    My thinking is very 'new' but currently I am using GAP RGBM to plan my dives which allows me to see what my run times and deco will be like for both Gradient factors and RGBM on screen at the same time (also allows me to quickly check that my OC bailout is adequate).

Stuart

Custom Title Allowed! Robert Cook is on a distinguished road Robert Cook is on a distinguished road Robert Cook's Avatar
    Gradient factors (using a PC) for now. I'm thinking about getting a VR3 as well, but haven't made my mind up about it yet,

Thanks,
    Robert

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Since I dive with the HS explorer I wanted to use the GAP program to have the same algorithm going on my descktop hpwever I tried the demo copy and it caused errors on my computer which caused it to lock up. I will continue to use v-planner until I get this resolved.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Administrator ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE's Avatar
    [QUOTE=wedivebc]Since I dive with the HS explorer I wanted to use the GAP program to have the same algorithm going on my descktop hpwever I tried the demo copy and it caused errors on my computer which caused it to lock up. I will continue to use v-planner until I get this resolved.[/QUOTE]

Dave,

Don't swat me for suggesting the obvious, but have you used the bug reporting feature on Kee's hompage (sub-menu under "Support")?

Here: http://www.gap-software.com/

Rob

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by ROB DAVIE
    [QUOTE=wedivebc]Since I dive with the HS explorer I wanted to use the GAP program to have the same algorithm going on my descktop hpwever I tried the demo copy and it caused errors on my computer which caused it to lock up. I will continue to use v-planner until I get this resolved.

Dave,

Don't swat me for suggesting the obvious, but have you used the bug reporting feature on Kee's hompage (sub-menu under "Support")?

Here: http://www.gap-software.com/

Rob[/QUOTE]

(switching to big font cause I know you're hard of hearing )
    Anyway I used the old version for quite some time and liked it. I suppose if I were to play with it for a while I could find where the problems are and report them but the time limited demo version just gives me a chance to realize the thing has issues. I don't know how comfortable I am with trusting it for diving and I am not going to buy it until it works properly (I already made that mistake with the Abyssal crap)
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

I love good old GF's and I used Decoplanner for years before going CCR. Now i use two VR3's to do the deco on the actual dive but i personaly modifie the ascent profile. I plan dives on VPMB isung V planner as it has the ascent profilees I like but I avoid the short shallow stops it recommends.

I ticked VPMB because I will be getting the upgrade for my VR3's asap.

ATB

Mark Chase

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast