+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Morning!

"Two Sheds" Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos's Avatar
    JJ Rebreather

Classic Kiss

Morning!

Hi all,

I 'know' a few of you already (and have even spoken to a couple of you In Real Life!), but I thought I'd drop a post in this section telling you all a little bit about myself and my rebreather aspirations (:D:D:D - a pun).

Anyway,

I'm currently saving up to buy a breather. I'm going to be moving house later this year, which means remortgaging, and as we know mortgage money isn't real money, so it will be breather time shortly thereafter.

I'm not a hugely deep diver. At the moment I'm comfortable with a 30m to 35m dive, but a 40m dive is A Big Dive for me. I don't dive deeper than 40m in the UK, as I nark easily and I'm not mix qualified. I can't see the point of going down the OC mix route, but probably will think about going CCR mix in a few years, just for an extra bit of clarity in the 30m to 40m range and the odd dive slightly deeper.

However I am very much a coward and this is still a relatively long way away.

I'm still undecided about which unit to get. As I'm very much a 'Sport' diver, I think the Evolution looks tempting, but have concerns about scubber duration, so then maybe the new Inspiration. But then with the current $ / £ ratio, the Meg looks a bit of a bargain at the moment....

But that's perhaps a topic for another thread!

Laters,
    Janos

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar
    Hi Janos,

Nice to see you Pah remortgage money - I just had to pay some of my mortgage off to get a better rate when I rmeortgaged so am skint - well that and buying 2 megs.

Your post does bring up a salient point - I have been meaning for a while to put together an article on the pros and cons of each rebreather and rough prices..

In terms of current exchange rate and units looking a bargain I think you really should consider the Prism - fantastic value for money, I think Caveseeker7 is writing an article on them now - but there are a few articles in our Rebreather Articles Section...

Well I am being dragged off for breakfast.

See ya

Stuart

+ Reply to Thread