+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Aggressor Fleet Drops Rebreather Support

RBW Member bcdiverdennis is an unknown quantity at this point bcdiverdennis's Avatar

Unhappy Aggressor Fleet Drops Rebreather Support

This came in an email to me today

New Rebreather Policy
    Effective immediately, Aggressor franchise vessels will no longer accommodate rebreather divers. This decision was based on the limited number of rebreather customers and not having the supplies and trained staff necessary to fulfill the needs of rebreather divers.

LEARNING CONTINUALLY rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver's Avatar
    Inspo Vision

Classic YBOD

Re: Aggressor Fleet Drops Rebreather Support

Quote Originally Posted by bcdiverdennis
    This came in an email to me today

New Rebreather Policy
    Effective immediately, Aggressor franchise vessels will no longer accommodate rebreather divers. This decision was based on the limited number of rebreather customers and not having the supplies and trained staff necessary to fulfill the needs of rebreather divers.

Oh well, more business for RB friendly boats. Bet the Aggressor fleet has a change of mind in the future.

Resident Selkie hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat's Avatar
    Megladon

I wonder if that means "We aren't going ot stock consumables on our boats" or "Rebreathers are not allowed on our boats"?

The statement is very vague as to their position on whether or not a customer is welcome to bring and dive their rebreather. It's one I would be getting a dfinitive answer to if I had a trip booked on an Agressor boat.

~~~~~ #417 ~~~~~ PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer's Avatar

I just called Aggressor (1-800-348-2628 ) and spoke with "Shawn" (female). She confirmed the new policy is in effect and that rebreathers are NOT allowed on the vessels any longer.

I'm not much of a reef junkie (but love all diving none the less) but it would be nice to tag along with a group of friends going on a Aggressor trip.

Richard

PRISM DIVER & LUVIN IT! dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000's Avatar

No worries, there was a time when NITROX was not allowed on boats, and if you said Trimix or 100% O2 you might have got into a fist fight with the Captain:D

Resident Selkie hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat's Avatar
    Megladon

Quote Originally Posted by PacketSniffer
    I just called Aggressor (1-800-348-2628 ) and spoke with "Shawn" (female). She confirmed the new policy is in effect and that rebreathers are NOT allowed on the vessels any longer.

I'm not much of a reef junkie (but love all diving none the less) but it would be nice to tag along with a group of friends going on a Aggressor trip.

Richard
    Wow- that is just unbelievable. I can understand not wanting to stock consumables, but not allowing rb's altogether is just... well... WRONG!

We had been looking at doing a trip on the Cocos Aggressor in the next couple of years. I would also like to have done the Galapagos- oh well- thier loss- there are plenty of other places I want to go!
    Last edited by hchoat; 27th July 2006 at 20:33.

Randy Thornton Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict's Avatar
    Hammerhead Sentinel Evolution

Optima Inspiration Prism 2

I just called Aggressor and the reservations agent confirmed that "rebreather divers" are no longer welcome on any Aggressor Fleet boat. She suggested that I email Aggressor at wecare@aggressor.com with any questions or concerns.

I have emailed them and am awaiting a response. I would think that concerned rebreather divers may want to also contact them for further clarification.

1-800-665-5252 (US & Canada)
    +1-985-385-2628 (rest of the world)
    email: wecare@aggressor.com

Earning the green stuff.. webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead's Avatar

So guess is that something happened to prompt this change. I thought they were the ones that had a rebreather only boat somewhere.

Not good when people in the industry turn their backs on us....

RBW Member iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm's Avatar

Interestingly the story I was told last week was they had a real big nitrox fire on a vessel. They were using a nitrox membrane and were passing nitrox through a mixing stick into an air compressor (oil lubricated again!!) when a really big plasma fire started. I think the reality of this dawned. What was it now oxygen and oil, do what? Learn or burn!! Iain

RBW Member fin is on a distinguished road fin is on a distinguished road fin's Avatar

It is quite possible that Aggressor(ive) policy will benefit rebreather diving (long term) like any other tree shaking decision. Wait and see. Right or wrong "customer is always right" is the winners policy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast