+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: German aircraft carrier "Graf Zeppelin" found at Baltic sea

RBW Member Nicholas von Rosen is an unknown quantity at this point Nicholas von Rosen's Avatar

Re: German aircraft carrier "Graf Zeppelin" found at Baltic sea

Quote Originally Posted by jhaaja
    That is the one. Do you know what was the reason for arresting the divers? Is Gustlof in Polands waters?

JH
    I don't know the story in details... - sorry... - I was trying to arrange a trip to Gustloff, - and M 24 told me this...

As far as I know Gustloff is in International waters... - I think Polish law says it is a NO GO... (not sure about this... - but I think it's because it is a war grave...)

Nick

Jani Haaja jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja's Avatar
    JJ-CCR, Inspo Classic

HH Inspo

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas von Rosen
    I don't know the story in details... - sorry... - I was trying to arrange a trip to Gustloff, - and M 24 told me this...

As far as I know Gustloff is in International waters... - I think Polish law says it is a NO GO... (not sure about this... - but I think it's because it is a war grave...)

Nick
    If it is on international waters the Polish coast guard should have nothing to say about diving. There might be some sort of agreement baetween Sweden and Poland to ban diving from swedish and polish. That is what forbids at least finnish, swedish and estonian divers diving the Estonia. Germans can and I don`t know of you people.

JH

New Member henckell will become famous soon enough henckell will become famous soon enough henckell will become famous soon enough henckell's Avatar
    JJ-CCR, Classic KISS

Megalodon, Poseidon Mk VI

Quote Originally Posted by jhaaja
    I am interested also. I have sent email to one swedish operator that does frequent trips in that area. They do trips to Wilhelm Gustlof etc. That would be a nice dive for the same trip :)

JH
    As far as I know M24 has never been to either Gustloff or Steuben. Aldo (Hi!) and all other interested divers should contact me off list to form a group for diving the GZ.

Our diving vessel Moskus is at the wreck of the Steuben *now* and will return to Sweden sunday evening. This is our 5th trip to this wreck in less than one year. We have also taken divers to Gustloff and we can arrange trips to most positions in the southern Baltic.

As soon as everything regarding permissions etc gets sorted out we will head for the GZ. No date is set yet.

http://www.moskus.se

Decodiver

Quote Originally Posted by henckell
    Aldo (Hi!) and all other interested divers should contact me off list to form a group for diving the GZ.
    PM sent.

Thanks,

Dave.

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Decodiver
    Hi Aldo,

You can add me to the list too........

Cheers,

Dave Cooper

And me I would be very interested.

ATB

Mark Chase

New Member watalibi is an unknown quantity at this point watalibi's Avatar

Hello Henckell and Aldo,

I will be with you of course. That would be nice to organize a week or so on a few wrecks in this area.

See you soon.

Stéphane
    www.watalibi.com

Custom Title Allowed! Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by watalibi
    Hello Henckell and Aldo,

I will be with you of course. That would be nice to organize a week or so on a few wrecks in this area.

See you soon.

Stéphane
    www.watalibi.com
    So there will be an other good trip report soon :D with some nice pics too. I like your site with some good trips!

Keep it up

New Member watalibi is an unknown quantity at this point watalibi's Avatar

Thanks Pierre,

One cheer up like yours once in a while helps me find time and will to regularly update this site now getting a little old.

Take care.

Stéphane
    www.watalibi.com

RBW Member aki will become famous soon enough aki will become famous soon enough aki will become famous soon enough aki's Avatar

Here is an interesting ROV footage and document about GF. I remember reading from somewhere that there will be a survey around Friday, September 15th. I hope diving will be permitted in GF.

--
    Aki
    Last edited by aki; 14th September 2006 at 21:12. Reason: Edited the link

RBW Member josepherely is an unknown quantity at this point josepherely's Avatar
    Meg Apecs 2.7

Inspo Classic Vision, Evolutio

Territorial waters should extend 12 nautical miles, ie around 22Km, according to the Maritime Areas Act of 1991. So should be OK diving outside of this area unless some other Polish war graves type legislation that I don't know about

Joe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3