+ Reply to Thread

Thread: swivel

www.rebreather.com.br zmcave has a spectacular aura about zmcave has a spectacular aura about zmcave has a spectacular aura about zmcave has a spectacular aura about zmcave has a spectacular aura about zmcave's Avatar
    O2ptima / Liberty / Dolphin

swivel

Hi guys,

I wanted to conect a LP swivel at the O2 inlet for the solenoid in the optima (saw some pictures like that), just to have a better O2 hose routing... any thoughts?

thanks,

Zé.

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

Re: swivel

I also saw that back when I got my unit. When I inquired, I was told that it was just another potential failure point that is no longer used.

I route my oxygen hose from the first stage of the oxygen tank across (and under/behind) the valve of the diluent tank, then around the back of/under the diluent tank shoulder, up the side of the diluent tank (so that the diluent tank is actually resting on the hose) to the solenoid inlet. This way, the oxygen hose goes straight from the valve end of the diluent tank up to the solenoid bulkhead inlet.

I think that the older pictures showed it going up the middle, between the tanks, and then turning until the solenoid, where it had a 90 degree elbow. Don't route your hose this way now. It will stress the hose where it bends and could kink the hose. Also, pressurizing oxygen into a sharp turn like this will create a restriction and potentially cause additional adiabic heating.

RBW Member Jerry is on a distinguished road Jerry is on a distinguished road Jerry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zmcave
    Hi guys,

I wanted to conect a LP swivel at the O2 inlet for the solenoid in the optima (saw some pictures like that), just to have a better O2 hose routing... any thoughts?

thanks,

Zé.
    Ze,

Route the O2 supply hose behind the diluent valve/reg and then along the outside of the diluent tank. This way it should be pointed straight into the solenoid.

Jerry

CCR Instructor devilgas is an unknown quantity at this point devilgas's Avatar

The hose to the cannister is just a normal scuba 2nd stage hose fitting. any swivel from Omni swivel will work

O2ptima Test Dummy
    JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones's Avatar

We stopped doing it because it's actually easier to connect and route without it.

+ Reply to Thread