+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Questions about Training.

New Member ebon.hawk is an unknown quantity at this point ebon.hawk's Avatar
    Couple of questions... ( if you want to move the thread thats okay )

Can I do a combined advanced nitrox / rebreather course ? Currently have TDI Basic Nitrox, I'm told by people that I need to go and do the Adv Nitrox course first then do the Inspiration course.

I'm sort of thinking either go and source a second hand unit ( Inspiration ) or look at Prisms / Megs while I have the money.....

Andy

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar
    You can do a combined course. No problems and IMHO there is bugger all difference between Basic and ADV Nitrox courses when it comes to rebreathers as long as you understand the theory an daltons triangle etc.

Stuart

Decodiver
    Quote Originally Posted by schford
    You can do a combined course. No problems and IMHO there is bugger all difference between Basic and ADV Nitrox courses when it comes to rebreathers as long as you understand the theory an daltons triangle etc.

Stuart
    Stuart,

There is a difference, otherwise we wouldn't have two courses would we ?

Also I think you will find that some agencies do not even require dives for the Nitrox level. PSAI and TDI to name but two.

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.

Decodiver
    Quote Originally Posted by ebon.hawk
    Couple of questions... ( if you want to move the thread thats okay )

Can I do a combined advanced nitrox / rebreather course ? Currently have TDI Basic Nitrox, I'm told by people that I need to go and do the Adv Nitrox course first then do the Inspiration course.

I'm sort of thinking either go and source a second hand unit ( Inspiration ) or look at Prisms / Megs while I have the money.....

Andy
    Hi Andy,

Yes it is possible to do both courses together.

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Decodiver
    Stuart,

There is a difference, otherwise we wouldn't have two courses would we ?

Also I think you will find that some agencies do not even require dives for the Nitrox level. PSAI and TDI to name but two.

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.
    I think you'll fine the key words in my reply were "there is bugger all difference between Basic and ADV Nitrox courses when it comes to rebreathers"

I agree there is a difference for their use O/C however the only thing for me that is of any relevance to rebreathers is the theory / daltons diamond, which is covered in basic nitrox.

But its only my opinion - and the skeptic in me might suggest there are 2 courses so one can get 2 loats of fees, as you could easily cover basic and advanced in one course!

Stuart

RBW Member nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by schford
    - and the skeptic in me might suggest there are 2 courses so one can get 2 loats of fees, as you could easily cover basic and advanced in one course!
    Possibly. However I've been happier with the TDI style that Basic is just sums so it doesn't require any in water time as there are no new skills and Advanced covers stops so the instructor wants to see you do the glass ceiling drill before he signs you off.

I never did work out what the two dives on my PADI course were for.

Quote Originally Posted by nigelh
    Possibly. However I've been happier with the TDI style that Basic is just sums so it doesn't require any in water time as there are no new skills and Advanced covers stops so the instructor wants to see you do the glass ceiling drill before he signs you off.
    *cheeky grin* and there was me thinkign thats what deco procedures did - oh thats another course isn't it

Stuart

Ps Just ignore me ;)

New Member ebon.hawk is an unknown quantity at this point ebon.hawk's Avatar
    A bloke down the pub, or was it a rebreather diver I met out here said they had only done the BSAC Advanced Nitrox course and that was okay to go onto the Inspiration course, but I thought that only gave you the qualification to 50% Nitrox and you needed to be qualified to 100% O2, but thinking as I type I wonder if the instructor added the relevant bits into the Inspiration course ?

Hmm time to ring my solicitors and ask where my house sale is at......

not RBW staff. EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

Ebon,

Not all agencies are the same. Predominatly, they mostly require you to have a knowledge at advanced nitrox level. The requirement isnt about gas percentages, its about the knowledge (and in some cases the experience).

IANTD are very CCR friendly, TDI want a bit more and I havent read the BSAC standards (ditto PSA).

Almost all agencies have their standards online, you could do worse than to read them..... or, find an instructor you believe in and see what they can do for you. In the netherlands, Pim van der horst has a good reputation.

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ebon.hawk
    A bloke down the pub, or was it a rebreather diver I met out here said they had only done the BSAC Advanced Nitrox course and that was okay to go onto the Inspiration course, but I thought that only gave you the qualification to 50% Nitrox and you needed to be qualified to 100% O2, but thinking as I type I wonder if the instructor added the relevant bits into the Inspiration course ?

Hmm time to ring my solicitors and ask where my house sale is at......
    i know of two people who did box courses of BSAC advanced nitrox (me being one of them- though I had a TDI trimix ticket too)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast