+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Submatix?

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

Submatix?

Any one any practical experience of this?

How does it compare to the dolphin or Azi?

Stuart

New Member canuckdiver is an unknown quantity at this point canuckdiver's Avatar
    ooooh! SEXY case!

never heard of it... LOL

RBW Member nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by schford
    I've dived with the guy who imports them into the UK.
    The model he was using had two nitroxs so he could run a lean bottom mix, click a switch and be on a richer shallow mix with jets to match. That seems to get round a lot of the snags of an SCR but I'm not tempted. With the YBOD and the IDA64 I have all the rebreathers I need.

Apparantly there are some good CCR conversions about.

CCR Diva scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt's Avatar
    meg & rEvo

inspo, optima, KISS, submatix

Quote Originally Posted by schford

How does it compare to the dolphin or Azi?

Stuart
    I got a st100 at dema, waiting for the sms (ccr) upgrade kit. i'll let you know what happens. i like it so far, nice easy clean unit.

New Member Rod Baverstock is an unknown quantity at this point Rod Baverstock's Avatar

Re: Submatix?

I have just completed a training course on a Submatix 100ST with Penny Glover of Silent Dive based in the South of France . She was a fantastic instructor but she really worked me hard on my skills (for which I will be eternally grateful ) .
    After the third dive I was totally sold on the unit and rebreather diving .
    Because my interest is underwater videogaphy I needed a unit that was simple ,reliable and did not require constant monitoring .
    Also most of my diving to date is purely at recreational depths with a max of under 40metres .
    I found the back-up from the importer ,Andy at Abyss UK to be fantastic and I liked the idea that I can upgrade the basic unit form a fixed jet with one mix in two bottles to a variable jet with different mixes . In addition I can go the whole hog and convert it into a CCR , without have to flog the unit to upgrade .
    I am picking my unit up at the Dive Show and off to play in the Red Sea for a week , so hopefully I will let you know what the unit is like once I have gone "solo" with it
    Rod Baverstock

RBW Member Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought's Avatar
    rEvo,Meg,Inspo,Titan,Prism2

SCR's,Optima,MkVI,KISS

Rod
    pm me if you would on diving with Penny, I'm curious what you thought of the dive sites, as I already know Penny is a great diver and instructors...I'd like to hear about your stay, accommodations, etc.

Very interested in hearing about your dives "solo" (after training) and if there are any discoveries after using the unit in a non training environment.

ron

more on the line of
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Baverstock
    I have just completed a training course on a Submatix 100ST with Penny Glover of Silent Dive based in the South of France . She was a fantastic instructor but she really worked me hard on my skills (for which I will be eternally grateful ) .
    After the third dive I was totally sold on the unit and rebreather diving .
    Because my interest is underwater videogaphy I needed a unit that was simple ,reliable and did not require constant monitoring .
    Also most of my diving to date is purely at recreational depths with a max of under 40metres .
    I found the back-up from the importer ,Andy at Abyss UK to be fantastic and I liked the idea that I can upgrade the basic unit form a fixed jet with one mix in two bottles to a variable jet with different mixes . In addition I can go the whole hog and convert it into a CCR , without have to flog the unit to upgrade .
    I am picking my unit up at the Dive Show and off to play in the Red Sea for a week , so hopefully I will let you know what the unit is like once I have gone "solo" with it
    Rod Baverstock

New Member Rod Baverstock is an unknown quantity at this point Rod Baverstock's Avatar

Hi Ron,
    This is the furthest North I have ever dived , but although only 17 degrees the water was not cold (using a 5mm wetsuit)and being October in the South of France you soon warmed up . The viz was very good and the mixtures of sites were good, ranging from rock faces to sandy shallows,pinicles and numerous wrecks - many out of my training range .
    The accommodation was basic ,clean and reasonable .
    The food in the restaurants was mind-blowing as was the variety .Despite many being closed ,as it was near the end of their season .
    I am off the Sharm this Sunday so will left you know how I got on with the unit
    Rod

+ Reply to Thread