+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hammerhead Electronic and other mods

RBW Member sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330's Avatar
    Who cares

A few

Hammerhead Electronic and other mods

I'll be getting my Inspiration in a couple of days and I've been scouring the Internet on everything to do with Inspirations. I've been wondering what are the benefits to having a hammerhead in place of the original electronics? I know the obvious one is built in deco info any other differences?

I've also been looking at the DT box and Jan box because I will eventually want to cut down on the size of the unit to make travel a little easier. Am I right in the assumption that these boxes's will cut the size and weight down?

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

HH has a single setpoint controller vs. the Inspiration dual, but not independent controllers.

Primary handset is setpoint control and deco computer.
    Secondary is cell readout only.

HH has Heads Up Display with DIVA (vibrating alert)

Batteries are independent and in the handsets, the Inspiration has them inside the loop.

The HH has space for a 4th cell (VR3 or HSE) inside the head next to the 3 normal O2 cells.

And, as you mentioned, it offers trimix deco capabilities, as well well as a myriad of options.

Best read the manual available at Juergensen Marine's website.
    Joe R wrote it and can answer just about any question. ;)

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caveseeker7
    Secondary is cell readout only...
    ... and controls DIVA.

RBW Member sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330's Avatar
    Who cares

A few

So what would be better the Hammerhead or Vision electronics?

Scott

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Two advantages I see in Vision electronics are cell tracking and scrubber monitor (if you get it), also the wrist display is very nice.

Two advantages of the Hammerhead electronics are separate and independent displays and like power managemant. Batteries outside the loop and space for 4th cell and redundant cell integrated deco are nice.

+ Reply to Thread