+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Solo rebreather diving?

RBW Member molly is an unknown quantity at this point molly's Avatar
    Megalodon

Re: Solo rebreather diving?

I use it behind the 2nd handset, very user friendly.

RBW Member SlicerDicer is on a distinguished road SlicerDicer is on a distinguished road SlicerDicer's Avatar
    MK15

Inspiration Vision

I dove solo quite a bit in Hawaii, I ran into all kinds of problems and was able to work myself out. Past results of course are not indicative of future performance of course, though I do have some confidence I will be ok. Depending how things goes where I have moved too if I can find a mentally stable dive buddy or not is what will determine my solo/buddy diving. Naturally I would prefer to dive alone than be with someone who was going to put me at risk due to inability to remain calm in catastrophic conditions.

That is about all I have to say about that. Locations I dove with buddies it was unknown if they could even reach me in a emergency anyway. This leads to the same ocean diving concept not buddy diving. 90% of my dives that were buddy were this method, inability to reach buddy. When I thumbed dives my buddy would remain even if I was in failure mode, the only time he surfaced with me was when I wrote to him I was nauseous. I did not feel it was prudent to go up alone as I was unclear if it was scrubber failure or oxtox. Generally though my failures were mine alone and I aborted alone.

RBW Member Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll's Avatar
    Waiting for my Next

Megalodon 2.7

My old Instructor once told Me, isn't it Better to Dive Solo on CCR, than on OC...

He mentioned that if you were to Dive on OC and were, hunting for crayfish or something, in a Silted out Wreck or Cave and You had a Problem, he said the clock starts ticking VERY QUICKLY on OC, but YOU HAVE TIME ON CCR, to solve the problem, he stated, You have a lot more time......

The majority of my training Dives is Solo and will always be, its hard to find a Buddy who can train with, Life comes in the way and most times it just can't happen, so, you have to Dive solo. Sometimes, you don't get to choose.

I personally believe in Maintaining My Rebreather, and Getting the Very Best training & PRACTICE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4