+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Which new forums - feed back needed

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

Which new forums - feed back needed

Hoky Koky,.

There have been a few requests for regional forums - to enable people to find a buddy and organise local trips etc.

So Which ones shall we have - I will create a new catagory called Regional and then we can fill it with Sub Forums.

Do we keep it high level eg Americas, Europe, Asia Pac or go by country / groups of countries or region.

What do you all think?

Stuart

Scuba Imports Australia Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris's Avatar
    rEVO III rMS

Inspo, Kiss, Prism, Meg, Pos

Thumbs up Re: Which new forums - feed back needed

G'day Stu,
    Reckon 2 forums should cover it,
    Australia and The rest of the world

Cheers
    Chriso
    Last edited by Chris; 30th June 2006 at 14:01.

RBW Member Ivon has a spectacular aura about Ivon has a spectacular aura about Ivon has a spectacular aura about Ivon has a spectacular aura about Ivon has a spectacular aura about Ivon has a spectacular aura about Ivon's Avatar
    Evolution

Inspiration

Re: Which new forums - feed back needed

I think this is a really good idea, not sure how to impliment it though as there is so much ground to cover, should definetly be by country then possibly region depending on popularity. How about looking on the map of were people are then see if we can narrow it down that way?

Ivon

New Member Alan Crichton is an unknown quantity at this point Alan Crichton's Avatar

Regional Forums

The idea sounds great ! I would suggest down to country level. Please include South Africa - all 50 or 60 of us.

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    G'day Stu,
    Reckon 2 forums should cover it,
    Australia and The rest of the world
    Down Under and Up Above. :p

Good idea, Stuart, in some areas people from the board have already hooked
    up and gone diving. Will be good to see more get togethers like that. :D

not RBW staff. EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

Yeah ok, so Im the grumpy twat... anyway, my 2 pence worth (see that, thats a real currency, none of your "euro" muck!)

What I like about RBW is that its so global, open minded (except for those dodgy saffers) and accepting.

If people want to organise local dives/buddies, let them specify a location in their message title. Maybe we've got divers from the UK visiting asia, who wouldnt see the advert otherwise.....

New Member goatblower is an unknown quantity at this point goatblower's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EBT

If people want to organise local dives/buddies, let them specify a location in their message title. Maybe we've got divers from the UK visiting asia, who wouldnt see the advert otherwise.....
    Are you trying to say that you are off to Bangcock :D again, and would like to do some aqueous diving while you are out there???

Tee hee..

digital nomad GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM's Avatar
    Hyperion pSCR

IDA71, HomeBuilts, Ray, RGU/FM

Quote Originally Posted by schford
    Hoky Koky,.

There have been a few requests for regional forums - to enable people to find a buddy and organise local trips etc.

So Which ones shall we have - I will create a new catagory called Regional and then we can fill it with Sub Forums.

Do we keep it high level eg Americas, Europe, Asia Pac or go by country / groups of countries or region.

What do you all think?

Stuart
    I'd divide things as follows:
    • EMEA [Europe/Middle East/Africa]
    • MEA [Middle East/Africa]
    • CEE [Central & Eastern Europe]
    • APAC [Asia-Pacific]
    • LATAM [Latin America]
    • USA
    This is how regions are usually divided in the business world. This nomenclature is probably most useful for RBW also.

We could increase granularity a bit further if people feel the need, but going down to country level is probably too much IMHO. I hope I'm not forgeting any regions...

Reads fine print (mostly) Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather's Avatar
    MEGALODON MK15.5

BMR500 IDA71 IDA64 RGUFM AKA60

Hi Stuart-

If I might humbly suggest for the USA- at least have sub forums of East Coast, West Coast, Gulf Coast, and Great Lakes. Folks, if you either live here, have driven the long distances here, or bought an airline ticket here- you understand. It is a demographics density situation.

Best,
    Ken

Confectioner to N@90 Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Grumpy One
    What I like about RBW is that its so global, open minded (except for those dodgy saffers) and accepting.

Erm... er... I going to regret this ;) But I agree with Zak on this one.

The beauty of RBW and its biggest strong point over other forums is that it is global and has been from day one. Looking at the members map the spread of members does not really appear to have a particular concentration area that stand out from the rest. We're just global in every way :D

By starting to split forums down into location I think the streamlining that the site has in terms of the number of forums could get complicated. And to be honest where do you stop? America gets split into 4 areas, Oz into the same because of their sizes - what about Canada then and Europe. It could just get mad with a forum for each area.

If appears to have worked for over a year fantastic the way it is. People have been meeting up and diving regularly together. You have certainly had all the guys up in erm... was it Finland or Norway (sorry if wrong location - but the one with all the ice :)) and there's been Cedric and Meg guys out in SEA, and then there's all us lot over here.

Like Zak said, maybe a forum policy for posting in the buddy wanted area is to state area/ location at the start of the thread title. Maybe:

Vobster, UK - Sunday 2nd July - Buddy Wanted/ Bimble Dive

I do agree with Zak, and I'm not a grumpy twat ;)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast