+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: suit gas

RBW Member Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1's Avatar
    ybod

Re: suit gas

Quote Originally Posted by michael-fisch  View Original Post
    You will plumb Trimix into your suit only once. Days later, after your body temperature finally gets back up into the low 90s you will understand why trimix as a suit gas is the ultimate no-go.

Michael
    Lol done it and yes it's not the best option if you have other s.

RBW Member Andrewdd is an unknown quantity at this point Andrewdd's Avatar
    rEvoIII hCCR

Quote Originally Posted by Gobfish1  View Original Post
    Jubilee clip on suit end of hose
    Makes for a fast disconnect.
    If your having problems setting cylinder valve in a convenient place .

IV never had a first stage problem on suit feed.
    Had the inflate side jam open
    Quick disconnect and whack it on a side can sorted it .
    Id always pop the feed of first over turning cylinder off .
    That would be my 2nd move.

If that good whack didn't sort the problem. And if your using a dedicated small cylinder id not be to arsed about losing said gas . Plus I have other fittings I can use to feed suit if main go s tits up.
    Could you expand on the jubilee clip?

rEvoIII hCCR

Quote Originally Posted by Gobfish1  View Original Post
    Lol done it and yes it's not the best option if you have other s.
    +1

rEvoIII hCCR

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdive  View Original Post
    Why not use your rich gas?
    ?? Significant risk of combustion and burns....

RBW Member Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1's Avatar
    ybod

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewdd  View Original Post
    Could you expand on the jubilee clip?
    Clip gos round end of hose fittings . Give you some place to put your thumb for a bit of leverage pop fitting off suit nipple'.

Is that better .

O2. As suit feed . No smoking and your probably ok

RBW Member broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher's Avatar
    TBD

I did go searching images at first. Surprising the lack of what is out there. Saw a couple different setups (left side and on top). Nothing in real detail, just happens to be there in a few pictures. That is when I figured it was time to ask instead of guess.

I have been warned about He in the suit. I do plan to try it, under controlled conditions, just to see what it does. As for O2 in the suit, can you guarantee the synthetics in the suit will have no static build up? There is probably enough humidity in there, but are you really sure?

RBW Member michael-fisch will become famous soon enough michael-fisch will become famous soon enough michael-fisch will become famous soon enough michael-fisch's Avatar
    XCCR, SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

Quote Originally Posted by broncobowsher  View Original Post
    As for O2 in the suit, can you guarantee the synthetics in the suit will have no static build up? There is probably enough humidity in there, but are you really sure?

Not really sure that eating Tex-Mex, hardboiled eggs n baked beans is a good idea when you are using O2 as a suit gas - but in almost 30 years of diving dry I've never heard of an incident of a diver stepping out of the water wearing a shredded drysuit.

Michael

RBW Member Olsen DK is an unknown quantity at this point Olsen DK's Avatar
    Prism2

Dräger Ray

I used to have the suit gas bottle attached to the back plate on my left side, easy access to the valve an all that but it still put a pressure on my back and annoyed me.
    When traveling i always use the BO air or EAN50 bottle for suit inflation (in order not to have to use the limited luggage allowance in airlines to this bottle) so why not only use that one when home as well......
    So this i have done. Got rid of the suit gas bottle and only uses the BO bottle containing air or EAN50.
    Will not use 100% O2 due to the possible impact to the different equipment. Or the He mix. Others have already done this experiment and i do believe them when they tell what a chilling discomfort that experience was

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewdd  View Original Post
    ?? Significant risk of combustion and burns....

???????

My "rich" gas is 50%. Not sure what you are talking about.

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast