+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: suit gas

Hybrid View

RBW Member broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher's Avatar
    TBD

suit gas

Getting ready for my next class. Instructor stated to add a suit gas bottle. Things look simple. But why not ask if there is anything more to it then I am thinking of? I have a side fixation bracket and a bottle ready to go. Any tips/tricks/does/don'ts?

RBW Member Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1's Avatar
    ybod

Re: suit gas

Quote Originally Posted by broncobowsher  View Original Post
    Getting ready for my next class. Instructor stated to add a suit gas bottle. Things look simple. But why not ask if there is anything more to it then I am thinking of? I have a side fixation bracket and a bottle ready to go. Any tips/tricks/does/don'ts?

OPV on first stage ,

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Make sure the inflation bottle valve is high enough that you can still reach your diluent tank valve, but make sure it is not too high to actually be able to turn it if needed.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

RBW Member broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher's Avatar
    TBD

OPV and a button gauge are planned. Sounds like solid advise on setting the height (will have to play a little and see what works). Hose routing I am planning on going under arm. I presume that works good? (have not tried anything yet, waiting on the bottle to come back from hydro).

Probably over-analyzing this. Just hook it up and try it.

RBW Member jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner's Avatar
    APD Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by broncobowsher  View Original Post
    OPV and a button gauge are planned. Sounds like solid advise on setting the height (will have to play a little and see what works). Hose routing I am planning on going under arm. I presume that works good? (have not tried anything yet, waiting on the bottle to come back from hydro).

Probably over-analyzing this. Just hook it up and try it.
    Perhaps! Have a play around before you have to use it in anger. I couldn't position mine so I could turn it off without it either getting in the way of my diluent valve or stopping me put my elbow back, so I have to accept that if it fails on me, I must disconnect it from my suit and discount it. Not ideal but no other option at the moment (cunning plans are being formed for trial later this year).

RBW Member Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1's Avatar
    ybod

Jubilee clip on suit end of hose
    Makes for a fast disconnect.
    If your having problems setting cylinder valve in a convenient place .

IV never had a first stage problem on suit feed.
    Had the inflate side jam open
    Quick disconnect and whack it on a side can sorted it .
    Id always pop the feed of first over turning cylinder off .
    That would be my 2nd move.

If that good whack didn't sort the problem. And if your using a dedicated small cylinder id not be to arsed about losing said gas . Plus I have other fittings I can use to feed suit if main go s tits up.
    Last edited by Gobfish1; 4th February 2019 at 13:19.

RBW Member Piotr Kitta is an unknown quantity at this point Piotr Kitta's Avatar
    HH Extreme

look on the pictures of different people. check how they have the inflation bottles. All configuration have own plus and minus. depence what You need Your during Your dives.
    Im instaling on the left side of back plate. is easy acces to valve of inflation bottle or dil. it is easy to operate with bailout or easy access to pockets, and still You have a stream line configuration.

RBW Member cb1 is an unknown quantity at this point cb1's Avatar
    rEvo iii

Similar incident occurred over here on a 90M dive a few years back. Ignition caused by a heated vest used with a high O2 mix for the dry suit. Injured party flooded the dry suit and had to do 2-3 hours deco with significant burns all over his upper torso.

ybod

Quote Originally Posted by cb1  View Original Post
    Similar incident occurred over here on a 90M dive a few years back. Ignition caused by a heated vest used with a high O2 mix for the dry suit. Injured party flooded the dry suit and had to do 2-3 hours deco with significant burns all over his upper torso.

ffs

like i said no smoking

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg + sidewinder

Quote Originally Posted by cb1  View Original Post
    Happened here recently as well. 20+mins of deco left, 3rd degree burns on his torso. Only thing that extinguished the fire was the suit melting though. The nichrome wires in the heated vest broke causing a high resistance spot that ignited the other vest materials. Not sure what the suit gas was, the victim stopped discussing the incident.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast