+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First look at the BMCL's on Oahu

RBW Member sjdodd2 is an unknown quantity at this point sjdodd2's Avatar
    Inspiration

Prism 2

First look at the BMCL's on Oahu

Ok finally got our BMCL's in, overall they pretty happy with them. A few weird things and one just kinda stupid.
    1. You have to buy the 4 port first stage to be able to connect everything on the dil side. 2. No adjustable OPV, the only OPV on the lungs is the same manual style you would find on a wing.
    3. This is the stupid one, there is only a dump valve on the exhale side....there is a spot for one on the inhale side but doesn't have one ( i called this is by design). So the big issue with this is cleaning the lungs. Right now the Hollis recommended method is to take the lungs off to clean them. Giant pain in the butt when if there was a dump valve on the other side you could clean them like every other BMCL pour steramine in and drain out the bottom. Oh well, they said they may make a kit so you can add a drain valve to in the inhale side. We found you can also unscrew the adv and use that hole to clean the lung, just have to do an awkward dance with the unit to drain it

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Re: First look at the BMCL's on Oahu

So to be clear, The Backmounted counter lungs are made by Hollis?

What unit are you using them on?

Best regards,
    Chett. L

RBW Member michael-fisch will become famous soon enough michael-fisch will become famous soon enough michael-fisch will become famous soon enough michael-fisch's Avatar
    XCCR, SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

Is Hollis (Huish Outdoors) still behaving very badly with service and customer service?

From my readings, I get the impression that there is no support after the sale and next to no support before the sale, which convinced me that they are a group of companies that I would never want to deal with.

Sad because Atomic regs are good, Oceanic/Dacor sold me a lot of specially wound motors and other parts for my Gavin clone scooters, and Bare suits aren't bad either.

Michael

RBW Member haaginheimer is an unknown quantity at this point haaginheimer's Avatar
    KISS GEM (modified)

Dolphin, Prism 2, Poseidon

You know these are just rebranded subgravity lungs right?

You can buy another bladder with an opv or screw on cap from them and put a dump valve there

Use a splitter to get the ADV and MAV and BOV onto one LP hose - then add a QC6 for plugging in offboard - that way wing is seperate from these and you can still put an OPV on the 3 way reg

Inspiration

Prism 2

haaginheimer pretty much answered most of it, they are rebranded subgravity lungs. Yes, you can just add another one to the inhalation side, I was trying to not go into modifications to my review of them but how they come out of the box.

The customer service doesn't really seem to be too much of an issue since you are dealing with Hollis not Huish, even more of a separation when you talk about the rebreathers as they are actually a separate lllc under Huish ( at least the last I heard). Aside from the fact they still take forever to ship things something I never have any problems with Hollis. I can't speak to much for the other huish products other than bare i have several BARE suits that i love.

Chett L. I am using them on the Hollis Prism 2

RBW Member haaginheimer is an unknown quantity at this point haaginheimer's Avatar
    KISS GEM (modified)

Dolphin, Prism 2, Poseidon

I bought a set of SG/HH bmcls. I just cut a hole and changed the lung. Very cheap to do.

Highly suggest it for ease of washing lungs out.

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Quote Originally Posted by sjdodd2  View Original Post
    haaginheimer pretty much answered most of it, they are rebranded subgravity lungs. Yes, you can just add another one to the inhalation side, I was trying to not go into modifications to my review of them but how they come out of the box.

The customer service doesn't really seem to be too much of an issue since you are dealing with Hollis not Huish, even more of a separation when you talk about the rebreathers as they are actually a separate lllc under Huish ( at least the last I heard). Aside from the fact they still take forever to ship things something I never have any problems with Hollis. I can't speak to much for the other huish products other than bare i have several BARE suits that i love.

Chett L. I am using them on the Hollis Prism 2
    Thank you.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

RBW Member Nando is an unknown quantity at this point Nando's Avatar
    Copis Meg

What are your first impressions for diving

Inspiration

Prism 2

Quote Originally Posted by Nando  View Original Post
    What are your first impressions for diving
    Honestly? I still prefer the small front lungs (not the big ones those things are wayyyy to big) I dive similar style to the P2's on my Inspo and really just don't care for how the P2 (subgravity) ones are made.

RBW Member Nando is an unknown quantity at this point Nando's Avatar
    Copis Meg

Quote Originally Posted by sjdodd2  View Original Post
    Honestly? I still prefer the small front lungs (not the big ones those things are wayyyy to big) I dive similar style to the P2's on my Inspo and really just don't care for how the P2 (subgravity) ones are made.
    Definitely will not win any beauty contests. Still setting mine up, then I'll try dive them.
    For the dil side 1st stage porting, I used a 90' adaptor from one of the lower ports, looks good and is simple, no need to replace any other hoses

+ Reply to Thread