+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Partial Fill Adapter for Dolphin

Reads fine print (mostly) Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather's Avatar
    MEGALODON MK15.5

BMR500 IDA71 IDA64 RGUFM AKA60

Re: Partial Fill Adapter for Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by chuckactor  View Original Post
    Uhh... how do I even respond to this. Thanks for answering my question?

I don't know squat about the Dolphin. That said, many folks here do. One of the best things about this particular forum is the wealth of experience available combined with little to no flaming. From its inception when civilian rebreathers were very new, one overarching aim has been for the more experienced RB divers to help keep the folks newer to RB diving from making fatal mistakes. When a cross section of responses all show genuine concern for your longevity, I'd gently submit that listening to them might be very much in your best self interest.

RBW Member PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG's Avatar
    Meg

Fenzy PO68 Dolphin

I just found the 1998 service bulletin from Drager regarding the use of the spacer. They suggest an absorption capacity of three hours for a full canister but only one hour with the spacer.

Both of the rubber spacers are used with one being placed at the one quarter mark and the other at the mark for a half fill. Both are placed flange up when filling the can.

The bulletin has two bold warnings that the max use expected with the spacer is one hour.

RBW Member chuckactor is an unknown quantity at this point chuckactor's Avatar
    not yet

Thank you Peter. That information is very helpful. My unit only came with one of the collars. I will have to try to find a second one. Parts are definitely a challenge. I also found the Draeger document discussing scrubber duration for full and partial fills. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterVICEG  View Original Post
    I just found the 1998 service bulletin from Drager regarding the use of the spacer. They suggest an absorption capacity of three hours for a full canister but only one hour with the spacer.

Both of the rubber spacers are used with one being placed at the one quarter mark and the other at the mark for a half fill. Both are placed flange up when filling the can.

The bulletin has two bold warnings that the max use expected with the spacer is one hour.

RBW Member udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn's Avatar
    prism,larv/tubx,leba54,dolphin

mk15,lar vII, ray

I have a couple and they are are fine to use , but the time on the scrubber is a lot lower it was designed for training use actually but you can use them for shallow short dives I ve used them that way for years

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Quote Originally Posted by PeterVICEG  View Original Post

Nice find Peter, Can you post that service bulletin here? I won't state how I have used mine as it is outside rec limits but I think having that document on RBW for future users would be very beneficial.

RBW Member PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG's Avatar
    Meg

Fenzy PO68 Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by whynot?  View Original Post
    Nice find Peter, Can you post that service bulletin here? I won't state how I have used mine as it is outside rec limits but I think having that document on RBW for future users would be very beneficial.
    Sadly I have just packed it up to ship along with the rest of my Dolphin collection for a pending sale.

Sorry!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2