+ Reply to Thread

Thread: H-Valve on a Drager Dolphin Tank

RBW Member chuckactor is an unknown quantity at this point chuckactor's Avatar
    not yet

H-Valve on a Drager Dolphin Tank

I just got a Dolphin. It doesn't have the original tank. I was going to order a Catalina S45 for it. Since the tank is bigger than the stock tank, could I run an H-valve on it with a second reg just for bailout and inflator. That way, avoiding a second bailout tank?

Has anyone tried this? I realize there are some downsides to doing this, wasting hi %O2 inflating your wings and potentially a real high PO2 for a bailout. But for shallow diving or training what do you think?

Chuck

Born Again Diver! Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w's Avatar
    Kiss, JJ

Ray, APOC, rEvo

Re: H-Valve on a Drager Dolphin Tank

There was a configuration going round the UK year’s ago with a steel 10L and H valve set up as you describe. I quite fancied trying it but ended up with a CCR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBW Member udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn's Avatar
    prism,larv/tubx,leba54,dolphin

mk15,lar vII, ray

you would have to run an adapter for the dolphin reg

RBW Member haaginheimer is an unknown quantity at this point haaginheimer's Avatar
    KISS GEM (modified)

Dolphin, Prism 2, Poseidon

I used a catalina 45. I had a really cool T from the valve that let me run 2 regulators so I had the drager I converted to Din and then a regulator for bailout. Great option.

RBW Member chuckactor is an unknown quantity at this point chuckactor's Avatar
    not yet

The left-handed H-valve worked out very well. I put the Draeger first stage on the outboard outlet. It let me keep the reg tucked in close so there was no issue with hose length. The best part was the position of the valve knob. It was very easy to reach behind myself and turn it on and off. I put the backup first stage in the primary outlet. It's connected to an Atomic SS1 octo/inflator. The only downside so far is a tendency to roll a bit to the left with all the brass hanging of the left side. Next time in the water I'll split my weights and put more on the right to see if I can counteract it.

Chuck
    Last edited by chuckactor; 7th February 2019 at 19:27.

+ Reply to Thread