+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: 2018 " dema " show pictures!

RBW Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Re: 2018 " dema " show pictures!

Is it me or there hasn't been any big changes since I sold my Hybrid rEvo 6 years ago?

There are a few more variants but nothing strikes me as having improved the cost, complexity or safety of rebreather diving. Still no reliable CO2 sensors, everything still looks pretty cluttered (compared to a rEvo from 10 years ago), everything is still in the $6+ range unless you are ok to go towards a more SCR type approach.

Shearwater has newer, nicer computers and the NERD (and NERD 2) but the CCR's haven't changed enough for me to jump on one anytime soon. And since the sale, it seems the rEvos are not evolving, let alone revolutionizing.

I guess sorb is now available in more places and so is O2? On the flip side, it seems this forum is much less active than it was a few years back.

Am I wrong?
    Last edited by edasque; 6th December 2018 at 12:30.

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Quote Originally Posted by edasque  View Original Post
    Is it me or there hasn't been any big changes since I sold my Hybrid rEvo 6 years ago?

There are a few more variants but nothing strikes me as having improved the cost, complexity or safety of rebreather diving. Still no reliable CO2 sensors, everything still looks pretty cluttered (compared to a rEvo from 10 years ago), everything is still in the $6+ range unless you are ok to go towards a more SCR type approach.

Shearwater has newer, nicer computers and the NERD (and NERD 2) but the CCR's haven't changed enough for me to jump on one anytime soon. And since the sale, it seems the rEvos are not evolving, let alone revolutionizing.

I guess sorb is now available in more places and so is O2? On the flip side, it seems this forum is much less active than it was a few years back.

Am I wrong?
    Just a difference of opinion. I have seen over the last few years refinements, advancements in technology & engineering on many of the current Rebreathers across the board.

Yes it’s true, to date there’s no Rebreather that can cook,clean,suck,Fxxx and take you to the moon & back yet.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Quote Originally Posted by Chett.L  View Original Post
    Just a difference of opinion. I have seen over the last few years refinements, advancements in technology & engineering on many of the current Rebreathers across the board.

Yes it’s true, to date there’s no Rebreather that can cook,clean,suck,Fxxx and take you to the moon & back yet.

Best regards,

And I would add to Chett's comments that the more crap you start adding to a rig there's an increase in task-loading. I'm not a fan of overloading an already complicated task with lights, buzzers, flashing LEDS, more handsets to monitor with more info than is really needed. Not sure what you want in a new design but extendaire's attempt to market prepacked scrubber cartridges never took hold (just didn't make cents), the POSeidon rigs that were marketed and designed to simplify RB diving in my opinion actually make it worse, and the SCR market as an entry into RB diving is pretty much dormant; especially in dive shops which at one time pushed them as hard as they push selling OC gear. I'd much prefer to slap a rig on my back (or chest) and look around underwater than constantly monitor some new mind-blowing handset and fuss about with buttons and hoses. As a pilot (aeroplane) I much prefer steam gauge stick and rudder flying to a glass cockpit, and I fly both. Most commercial pilots I know echo this...

I'm a simpleton by design (my wife says this often ), my moto is the KISS methode.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5