+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vision in Evolution case

RBW Member deepdave is an unknown quantity at this point deepdave's Avatar
    Inspo Vision

Vision in Evolution case

Does anyone have pictures of a vision scrubber in the small (47.5cm) Evo case?

I've seen it in the 51cm Evo+ Case but not the dinky one. Can the smaller case be 'modified' to make it work?

DD

RBW Member moose_grunt is an unknown quantity at this point moose_grunt's Avatar

Re: Vision in Evolution case

The inspo scrubber is longer, by a couple inches I think. You might be able to cut the step that the bucket sits on at the bottom of the case, but I doubt it'll be enough room. The DIY mix-n-match combo I've seen has been to cut the top of the case to fit 3L tanks in the Evo case. Edit: just found that exactly what you're trying to do was apparently done in this thread: http://http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Erebreather...9&share_type=t

I can take some pics and measurements of an Evo case later this week if it will help.

Jim
    Last edited by moose_grunt; 15th October 2018 at 00:17.

Inspo Vision

Thanks Jim, (links not working)

I too have found a few pictures of the EVO+ case with the top cut out to fit the 3l cylinders. But it looks as though the 'step' is necessary to clear the first stages [picture]. I wonder if cutting the step out of the smaller case will mean they no longer fit, or will the few extra inches at the top be enough?? hmmm
    Attached Images
    Last edited by deepdave; 15th October 2018 at 08:19.

RBW Member moose_grunt is an unknown quantity at this point moose_grunt's Avatar

Sorry about the link. Works on my phone in tapatalk. Try this?

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showt...the-Involution.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by deepdave  View Original Post
    Thanks Jim, (links not working)

I too have found a few pictures of the EVO+ case with the top cut out to fit the 3l cylinders. But it looks as though the 'step' is necessary to clear the first stages [picture]. I wonder if cutting the step out of the smaller case will mean they no longer fit, or will the few extra inches at the top be enough?? hmmm
    Also, at that link (if it finally works), the author seems to imply that the bottom step does not need to be cut, but rather the slot where the lid sits needs to be cut higher. It also looks really crowded with the hoses all moved higher.

FWIW, a buddy of mine has both the Evo and Inspo scrubber assemblies, and does mix and match depending upon the dive, travel, etc. He uses the silent diving tek frame to keep things simple, although I assume you're looking for a more permanent solution.

Jim

Inspo Vision

Thats a fantastic link. Save for a bit of 'trimming' and an elbow, it looks like it'll be quite easy to do. Adding a few extra cuts so the 3l's stick out the top and I think I could end up with a very compact yet versatile set up.

The aim is to produce something that fits into carry-on luggage.
    Attached Images

Inspo Vision

So I've only gone and done it. My god it's tiny.

Any how, the next question is... has anyone fitted 3l cylinders to the Evo as per the picture above? It'll be great to have flexibility on cylinder use dependant on what's available when I get to resort, but what's the impact on case integrity, does it make it all wobbly/fragile?

DD

So I've only gone and done it. My god it's tiny.

Any how, the next question is... has anyone fitted 3l cylinders to the Evo as per the picture above? It'll be great to have flexibility on cylinder use dependant on what's available when I get to resort, but what's the impact on case integrity, does it make it all wobbly/fragile?

DD
    Pic or it didn't happen.

Try messaging the guy who did the cutouts. I sent him a PM a couple of years ago about something related to that case, and he was pretty responsive.

Jim

Inspo Vision

Quote Originally Posted by moose_grunt  View Original Post
    Pic or it didn't happen.

Try messaging the guy who did the cutouts. I sent him a PM a couple of years ago about something related to that case, and he was pretty responsive.

Jim

Here you go Moose.. it was actually very easy to do.

Do you know who did the one above so I can contact him?

DD
    Attached Images

Here you go Moose.. it was actually very easy to do.

Do you know who did the one above so I can contact him?

DD
    Well, that was underwhelming. I could've taken a picture of my Evo case Show us the goods! Did you have to nip/tuck anything, like was suggested in that involution post?

Lemme dig through my messages for the guy who did that, and I'll PM it to you after work.

Jim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast