+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Rebreather Development/construction?

RBW Member P-A is an unknown quantity at this point P-A's Avatar
    Pelagian DCCCR

New Rebreather Development/construction?

Are there any new rebreathers being developed out there that are about to come out on the market?

Is Halcyon working on a new unit or are GUE going to continue to redress the JJ-CCR for the near future?

How long is AP going to keep up production of the Vision/Evolution? Is the new handset going to get a fresh new unit to back it up?

Any news on all brands would be interesting.

RBW Member Chris1126 is an unknown quantity at this point Chris1126's Avatar

Re: New Rebreather Development/construction?

I believe Revo / Mares will be releasing their much awaited recreational unit soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pelagian DCCCR

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1126  View Original Post
    I believe Revo / Mares will be releasing their much awaited recreational unit soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much amaited? I didn't think we needed more rec-units.

I was hoping for some substantial developments on units to go deep or far in overhead environments.

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Quote Originally Posted by P-A  View Original Post
    Much amaited? I didn't think we needed more rec-units.

I was hoping for some substantial developments on units to go deep or far in overhead environments.

Depth on CCR will be limited due to the issue of increased gas density and the ability to exhale thus getting rid of CO2. Even if one develops a machine that aids in inhalation, efficient exhalation will be an issue.

RBW Member JohnnyC is an unknown quantity at this point JohnnyC's Avatar

The Fathom is a nice unit. Basically if a Pelagian and a Meg had a baby. It's a very well made unit. Head closure is slick, like an UWLD Gen5 can light. Needle valve and cell face clearing like the Pelagian, larger canister, multiple scrubber options including radial scrubbers, BMCL's.

It's what a Pelagian would be if it wasn't made in a garage in Thailand.

RBW Member Semaj is an unknown quantity at this point Semaj's Avatar
    rEvo III RMS

The rEvo is still one of the most innovative rebreathers going around with its duel scrubber arrangement and the rMs, I understand that the rEvo IV is under development, will be interesting to see what innovation this brings.

Pelagian DCCCR

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC  View Original Post
    The Fathom is a nice unit. Basically if a Pelagian and a Meg had a baby. It's a very well made unit. Head closure is slick, like an UWLD Gen5 can light. Needle valve and cell face clearing like the Pelagian, larger canister, multiple scrubber options including radial scrubbers, BMCL's.

It's what a Pelagian would be if it wasn't made in a garage in Thailand.

When I look at the pictures I would say that your comparison is a bit off. The Fathom looks more like ots pieces put together without thought and all of the design specifics are lost in a general construction. Where is this a rebreather that offers something new or better? It's a MCCR with needle valve but without any of the pros of the Pelagian.

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg + sidewinder

When I look at the pictures I would say that your comparison is a bit off. The Fathom looks more like ots pieces put together without thought and all of the design specifics are lost in a general construction. Where is this a rebreather that offers something new or better? It's a MCCR with needle valve but without any of the pros of the Pelagian.
    Maybe think of it as what Halcyon should have developed instead of going with a JJ? Lol

For deep and or long cave diving the Fathom is leaps and bounds ahead of a JJ with lola valves and backmounted lp50s. The head to tube closure is far more secure and isn't like a dirt scoop, it has variable scrubber sizes, bmcls, the needle valve of course...

RBW Member JohnnyC is an unknown quantity at this point JohnnyC's Avatar

When I look at in person (which I have), and compare it to my Pelagian (which I own and dive), I can absolutely guarantee that your assessment is incorrect.

Pelagian DCCCR

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC  View Original Post
    When I look at in person (which I have), and compare it to my Pelagian (which I own and dive), I can absolutely guarantee that your assessment is incorrect.

Are you comparing it to a MK2 unit with BMCL or a MK1 FMCL?

+ Reply to Thread