+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Travel suitcase for Rebreather

Supporting Member quietmike is an unknown quantity at this point quietmike's Avatar
    rEvo micro

Evolution+

Re: Travel suitcase for Rebreather

I use the pelican air. Revo micro and carbon tanks 48 lbs.

RBW Member ECho is on a distinguished road ECho is on a distinguished road ECho's Avatar
    rEvo Micro FT

Meg

Quote Originally Posted by quietmike  View Original Post
    I use the pelican air. Revo micro and carbon tanks 48 lbs.
    In cabin, or checked? Iím assuming the latter... If so, how do you manage the bottles?

Iíve checked the rEvo, but always hand carried the bottles onto the plane...

Supporting Member quietmike is an unknown quantity at this point quietmike's Avatar
    rEvo micro

Evolution+

Carbon bottles in checked pelican air. Values removed. Plastic bags over the ends with rubber bands. I also put note with unit explaining what it is in very simple terms and my contact and flight info. Traveled this way for the last 5 years no problems so far... Used different suit case Thule 35L roller before pelican air... travel 2-3 time / year

Domestic US
    Caymans
    Costa Rica
    Truk
    Mexico....

Not Admin Mr_C is a splendid one to behold Mr_C is a splendid one to behold Mr_C is a splendid one to behold Mr_C is a splendid one to behold Mr_C is a splendid one to behold Mr_C is a splendid one to behold Mr_C is a splendid one to behold Mr_C is a splendid one to behold Mr_C is a splendid one to behold Mr_C is a splendid one to behold Mr_C is a splendid one to behold Mr_C's Avatar
    rEvo Micro III

rEvo Mini III, Optima

Quote Originally Posted by quietmike  View Original Post
    Carbon bottles in checked pelican air.
    Which model?

We use the Storm iM2950. eRev with Wing on, carbons packed same as yours. 65lbs. But we get 2 checked 70lbs bags so works fine. Been travel this way for 4-5 years. No issues. Problem is the case is 20lbs before we even start packing.

Mexico (Cozumel)
    Caymans
    Costa Rica
    Domestic
    Truk

RBW Member airb is an unknown quantity at this point airb's Avatar
    rEvo 3 St

Hi I have the MAX MAX620H250.079 which you find on ama....dot com

It's much cheaper and lighter than the Top brand and it perfectly make the job (The quality is really ok - no hesitation to put my rEvo in it).

Ps.: it is exactly the size of a rEvo Std - Looks like it has been build for that purpose

Rgds

RBW Member WestDiver is an unknown quantity at this point WestDiver's Avatar
    Revo 3 Mini

Cool Re: Travel suitcase for Rebreather

I use the Pelican air. If I need it under 50 lbs then I carry on my loop. And I always carry on my cell tray. It's been working fine for 3 trips abroad a year for 2 years so far.

RBW Member Dive Africa is an unknown quantity at this point Dive Africa's Avatar
    Meg Classic & Meg 15

Head, computers, lights and regulators in carry on. The rest in checked. On the Meg the rest is not really breakable so I normally use a roller duffel bag.

RBW Member rddvet is an unknown quantity at this point rddvet's Avatar

I can fit my entire unit, computers, dive light, wing minus backplate in a carry on. Bp goes in checked luggage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2