+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MK15, 15.5, and 16 Bendix cables, display, and solenoid

Supporting Member HaisaiMatt is on a distinguished road HaisaiMatt is on a distinguished road HaisaiMatt's Avatar
    MK15.5, rEvo, Sentinel, LarV

Optima, MK15

MK15, 15.5, and 16 Bendix cables, display, and solenoid

I'm clearing out some spares that I received with my unit years ago. I have no idea if these handsets work, but they appear to be in in decent condition. The displays are the MK15.5 primary style that is simply a led. One of them was modified, but I don't know how it works.

I know people like the Bendix cables, so here is your chance to pickup some cables and a connector that seem to be in great condition.

Display #1- Looks just like a LED display
    Display #1- Similar to the other display, but it has a magnetic switch
    Bendix Connector- Same type as the two displays
    Solenoid with Bendix connector

Price is $200OBO, and that includes shipping within the US.

Cheers,
    Matt
    Attached Images

RBW Member fatbob is an unknown quantity at this point fatbob's Avatar

Re: MK15, 15.5, and 16 Bendix cables, display, and solenoid

PM sent

Supporting Member HaisaiMatt is on a distinguished road HaisaiMatt is on a distinguished road HaisaiMatt's Avatar
    MK15.5, rEvo, Sentinel, LarV

Optima, MK15

Re: MK15, 15.5, and 16 Bendix cables, display, and solenoid- Sold

Sold

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

I know there are more pins in those Bendix cables, but does anybody know if that is the only major difference between them and Lumberg cables? The design seems very similar...

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

PRICE & availability!

The lumberg cables are used in the automation, CNC and telecomm industries so if you are buying them, make sure they have the captured o-rings. There are also a few different types of fittings so double check to make sure you get the proper collars to match your setup.
    https://www.lumberg-automationusa.co...db=net_dev_cab

RBW Member horaceanddumpling is an unknown quantity at this point horaceanddumpling's Avatar

Wink Re: MK15, 15.5, and 16 Bendix cables, display, and solenoid

Lol, specification, think theyre rated to 100bar, verses nothing, and they work. Lumbergs are a failure waiting to happen, but 13pins are hard to obtain.

King of the Geeks
    heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD!

The Bendix connectors are Open Face tested to some really high pressure - like 1000 PSI.

The principal benefit of Bendix (now, Amphenol) connectors is quite simply the location of the o-ring for making the seal. Located on the outermost edge of the receptacle (which contains the male pins) makes it easy to inspect, clean and replace.

In my opinion, the Fischer Connectors are almost like Satan designed them himself. When they work, they are great, but the fact that you cannot see, much less service without special tools the o-ring responsible for keeping water out is madness. Beyond that, they are also seem quite unnecessarily complex internally, requiring very elaborate "environmental" seals and whatnot. That said, I acknowledge that they are the de-facto standard by virtue of them being the only one that can be purchased off the shelf in small quantities.

As for the 13 pin Bendix connectors, they're around, if you know the right guy to ask for them.

I gots tons of Primary Displays, Solenoids with Bendix's etc. too. Not to step on the thread, but if there's money to be made...

Contact me HERE if you're interested.

Kevin Juergensen
    Juergensen Marine, Inc.

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

The Dude abides. I don’t know about you, but I take comfort in that, knowin’ he’s out there. The Dude. Takin’ ‘er easy for all us sinners.

Always great to get the insider from The Dude!

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by heyydude  View Original Post
    The Bendix connectors are Open Face tested to some really high pressure - like 1000 PSI.

The principal benefit of Bendix (now, Amphenol) connectors is quite simply the location of the o-ring for making the seal. Located on the outermost edge of the receptacle (which contains the male pins) makes it easy to inspect, clean and replace.

In my opinion, the Fischer Connectors are almost like Satan designed them himself. When they work, they are great, but the fact that you cannot see, much less service without special tools the o-ring responsible for keeping water out is madness. Beyond that, they are also seem quite unnecessarily complex internally, requiring very elaborate "environmental" seals and whatnot. That said, I acknowledge that they are the de-facto standard by virtue of them being the only one that can be purchased off the shelf in small quantities.

As for the 13 pin Bendix connectors, they're around, if you know the right guy to ask for them.

I gots tons of Primary Displays, Solenoids with Bendix's etc. too. Not to step on the thread, but if there's money to be made...

Contact me HERE if you're interested.

Kevin Juergensen
    Juergensen Marine, Inc.
    Thanks for the info Kevin.

I agree about the Fischers, I've seen many fail during the heyday of VR3. I never even considered using a 4th cell when I had a VR3 because of that.

Never had an o ring fail on my Prism Lumbergs, but of course I agree that having them in a place where they can be easily inspected and replaced is a better design...
    Last edited by silent running; 17th September 2018 at 07:18.