+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Forum Member passing - Kwinter

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Re: Forum Member passing - Kwinter

Condolences to his family and friends

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Very sorry to hear! Condolences to family and friends!

Claudia

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

Sorry to hear this.
    R.I.P. Ken.
    You will be missed!

Sent from my LG-K420 using Tapatalk

Mark Hilley firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver's Avatar
    Kiss Sport

Dolphin, Ray, Homebuild

Very sad news, indeed. Ken and I shared several emails over the years, and he was always extremely helpful. Seemed like a great guy.

RIP, and prayers for his family.

FD

John H Hanzl johnnyh is an unknown quantity at this point johnnyh's Avatar
    rEvo Micro III

Sentinel Expedition Travel

Oh no! I’m so sad to hear this! My condolences to his family. I’ve enjoyed the conversations we’ve had. Cheers to you Ken!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    John Hanzl

Author, Out of Hell's Kitchen
    www.outofhellskitchen.com

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    XCCR, SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

I'm sad, Ken was a nice guy and over time and many Emails I came to consider him to be a trustworthy, wise and kind friend.
    I've got no idea what happened, but I hope that he passed away peacefully, without pain.
    My condolences to his family and many friends, I too will miss him.

Michael

Thinker n Tinkerer Sparedone is an unknown quantity at this point Sparedone's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz

Bp240/bmr500, BG174

Saddened. He was kind. My respects.

To those close to him, my heart goes out.

Cameron

RBW Member tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione's Avatar
    Kiss Spirit Lte

Azimuth, KISS CLASSIC,KISS GEM

I just briefly met him one year at BTS but I felt like I knew him from his many witty and insightful posts. Years are passing, our "new" sport is growing long in the tooth and the time approaches when the losses to our CCR family will largely be non-dive related. Whatever the cause this particular loss will be hard felt and Ken Winter remembered fondly.

Supporting Member Stephan Mc has a spectacular aura about Stephan Mc has a spectacular aura about Stephan Mc has a spectacular aura about Stephan Mc has a spectacular aura about Stephan Mc has a spectacular aura about Stephan Mc has a spectacular aura about Stephan Mc's Avatar
    Megalodon

Ken was my very good friend and it is with a broken heart that I type these words. Smart, kind, hardworking, driven to improve every aspect of his character. Warm and helpful where he saw a genuine need. One of a kind guy. I know of no one like him.
    We had lunch a couple weeks before he passed and we were making plans for me to get back in the water after a very long time out. He was concerned about my trim due to the fact that since my last surgery, my trim walking has not been so great!! I told him I didn’t care too much about form at this point, as long as I could swim and look at things underwater. He had been working so hard lately that our usual lunch every so often, had gotten less and less often. Though we did text about every couple days, sometimes long conversations. Occasionally, every day for a week or so. I will miss him deeply, as will his many, many friends. I learned a lot about him that I did not know by attending the beautiful memorial that was held the Sunday after he passed. His beautiful daughter played a song on her guitar and sang, although I couldn’t understand the words, since I barely understand English, let alone another language. It was deeply moving and really touched the heart. His wife, daughter, son and brother shared some really funny as well as some very endearing personal stories about Ken. Ken has a very smart, very special family. There are now some large holes in some super nice peoples lives, that I venture will not be filled for a very long, long time, if ever. Ken was a man of faith, and I have a hope that I, (we), may get to see and be with him again. There are still many, many dives on both of our lists! If we do get to, I promise not to yell and shout underwater as I once did just as Ken was about to pull the trigger on his spear gun, and by the look he gave as the fish swam away, he, just for a second considered, shooting his friend, a big gracefull ‘Sea cow’. Thank God he reconsidered, though I don’t think he ever forgot it! Please keep his family in your prayers. And always let the ones left take it to heart and live our lives as Ken did, with a love for the beautiful sport we all share. I plan to follow through on our last conversation and get back in and give it a try again. He would have liked it if I could!
    Warm Regards,
    Steph

Life's journey is not to
    arrive at the grave safely
    in a well preserved body,
    but rather to skid in sideways,

totally used up and worn out, shouting
    '...man, what a ride!'

George Carlin

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Seems everytime I check back in here to see what's going on something bad has happened.

I am very saddened to hear about Ken's passing. He was one of my first CCR friends and we made many dives together and always found time to meet up at BTS. Since leaving CCR diving we would contact every few months and catch up. I will miss him greatly and wish his family strength and faith as they move past the grieving for the loss of a wonderful guy.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast